[NEWS} Annoying Orange made a deal with china, we are dealing coal.

Author Topic: [NEWS} Annoying Orange made a deal with china, we are dealing coal.  (Read 2085 times)

don't we remember anything from fallout? were gonna need that coal, otherwise china will just save it when all other non-renewable resources run out.

I've heard coal is much more efficient and less damaging then it used to be.

less damaging then it used to be.
Yes, thank god Elon Musk invented New Coal™, now with 40% less Bad Stuff™!

You've heard wrong unfortunately

You've heard wrong unfortunately

Nope.

Coal is cleaner now.

fairly sure if you replaced lead bullets with copper ones, its less damaging, but still pretty lethal

coal is inherently unclean if your goal is to keep carbon emissions out of the atmosphere. the only "clean" part you can do is filter out the more dangerous chemicals released when burning, but it doesn't stop 100% of them and it doesn't reduce carbon emissions from burning coal substantially.

I don't understand how you're going to save both coal and oil production jobs.  The decreased usage of coal is almost directly tied to the increased usage of natural gas.

Technically killing china and india would make the world cleaner than how much coal dirties it up.

I don't understand how you're going to save both coal and oil production jobs.  The decreased usage of coal is almost directly tied to the increased usage of natural gas.

the point is that we arnt using the coal ourselves. its just an export...
obama had you thinking we cant have it all because he was trying to profit from the TPP

plus this is coke coal, the type used for steel production.

china is going to burn the coal regardless of where it comes from. the environmental discussion is a moot point.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 02:32:39 PM by Bisjac »

We have coal sitting around not giving us money.

Now we are selling it for money.

forget the TPP.

you have to admit though selling coal to China would be a pretty good idea if we were to ever try to take out NK

The Asia Oceania region has experienced a large jump in carbon emissions. This can be attributed to the failure of the Fukushima Daiichi power plant (and subsequent mothballing of functional reactors), Australia's pro-fossil export policy and the demand from India's growing economy and various other developing economies.

Quite a large amount of the OECD's statistical data is behind paywalls but I imagine the statistics have changed considerably from pre-2011 just from the above. China's coal usage was very high but from what I've read, they are scaling up their nuclear fission infrastructure due to the shocking levels of air pollution. To China, coal is a stopgap until they can utilise much higher energy-density systems and non-polluting solutions. Japan will likely look at restarting its own nuclear infrastructure soon I believe.

I think it's fine to export coal to China but everyone should realise that this is not going to be the re-ignition of the coal industry. Milk it while you can.

https://www.iea.org/publications/freepublications/publication/WorldEnergyOutlook2016ExecutiveSummaryEnglish.pdf
https://data.oecd.org/energy/electricity-generation.htm
https://www.nei.org/News-Media/News/Japan-Nuclear-Update

High-quality coal has much less sulfur and other unwanted contaminants in it, and there are often scrubbers installed on coal power plants that help to minimize the air quality damage.

However, there's still an overwhelming body of evidence showing that coal power kills stuffloads of people in the US to this very day, and no matter how clean your coal is, it still releases CO2 that contributes to climate change.

Technically killing china and india would make the world cleaner than how much coal dirties it up.
cleanse the earth

cleanse the earth

China dumps millions of tons of garbage into the sea every day