Author Topic: Group of engineers submit hyperloop proposal for Annoying Orange's border 'wall'  (Read 6351 times)

Who needs a border wall when you could build a border cbrown town?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Plowshare
overlooking this horrible method, a border cbrown town seems like it'd actually benefit us and be useful rather than a wall
plus the rio grande exists so lots of the work is already done

overlooking this horrible method, a border cbrown town seems like it'd actually benefit us and be useful rather than a wall
plus the rio grande exists so lots of the work is already done
if it cut into the rio grande it could potentially alter the environment along the river irreversably

also moving/digging dirt, esp to create a deep cbrown town, is extremely energy/labor intensive. if you've ever dug a hole deeper than a foot before, you'd understand why it would be infeasable to do it along such a long border.

but it probably would cost about the same to build a wall instead, so whatever. where would the water in the cbrown town come from though, and how deep/wide would it actually be in order to stop immigrants or whatever?? anything more than 100ft wide would be practically impossible to dig, regardless of the existence of the rio grande and the funding available.

i'd think the colorado and rio grande would feed into it. the all-american cbrown town is 150-700 feet wide and 7-50 feet deep, and has steep sides making it hard to get out. it's 80 miles long and took only 2 years to rebuild (2007-2009) when they decided to make it more water-tight. according to this the lining project only cost $170,390,000

but who knows i'm out my ass right now. the environmental repercussions are probably pretty bad.

You really think that Elon Musk would waste money on a stupid idea?

I don't have to 'think' that because he clearly did.
https://youtu.be/DDwe2M-LDZQ
Oh yeah and the above video shows that "the murderous cop" is a complete handicap who never read the alpha document himself
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:56:42 AM by beachbum111111 »

I don't have to 'think' that because he clearly did.
https://youtu.be/DDwe2M-LDZQ
Oh yeah and the above video shows that "the murderous cop" is a complete handicap who never read the alpha document himself

Thunderf00t's points are not that good, all evidence he has to support his points are from pictures and videos. He doesn't have the schematics or any solid proof to debunk Hyperloop.

Though this should not be overhyped
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:42:09 AM by Nicepoint »

wont happen. because it is not a wall...

Thunderf00t's points are not that good, all evidence he has to support his points are from pictures and videos. He doesn't have the schematics or any solid proof to debunk Hyperloop.
Um, no. Thunderf00t is using actual science in his videos to demonstrate why the hyperloop doesn't work, and why it is extremely vulnerable to being totally destroyed. His "picture and video" evidence are 100% solid proof the hyperloop is a failure because they are directly addressing the science and math principles on which the hyperloop works. He discussed air pressure, the effects of sudden trauma on a tanker tube with ~0 atmospheres, the difficulty of maintaining structural integrity to the hyperloop, etc.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:49:53 AM by Planr »

wont happen. because it is not a wall...

not to mention the plan "requires" taking down existing walls/fences, having the opposite intended effect

Um, no. Thunderf00t is using actual science in his videos to demonstrate why the hyperloop doesn't work, and why it is extremely vulnerable to being totally destroyed. His "picture and video" evidence are 100% solid proof the hyperloop is a failure because they are directly addressing the science and math principles on which the hyperloop works. He discussed air pressure, the effects of sudden trauma on a tanker tube with ~0 atmospheres, the difficulty of maintaining structural integrity to the hyperloop, etc.

Ask yourself, why would these companies, who most certainly have studied the pros and cons of this project, would support Hyperloop if it had such high risks? Also, it looks to me that Thunderf00t believes that the companies have not had any mind on the security of this project. Of course the companies have made sure that Hyperloop would be profitable once it was perfected. These people are not idiots, but of course over exaggerating this is stupid as well.

why can't we save taxpayer dollars for more important things like health care, education and science research
Because Donald Annoying Orange & Co. are running the USA.

Backing up Planr here. Thunderf00t has a very good track record of using hard science to debunk similar unrealistic technology (thorium car, solar-freakin-roadways, etc).

Backing up Planr here. Thunderf00t has a very good track record of using hard science to debunk similar unrealistic technology (thorium car, solar-freakin-roadways, etc).

I agree with that, but I think he is wrong about Hyperloop, at least on the safety.

I agree with that, but I think he is wrong about Hyperloop, at least on the safety.
Ask yourself, why would these companies, who most certainly have studied the pros and cons of this project, would support Hyperloop if it had such high risks?
I think there's often a knowledge gap between the scientists and the people with the means of production. Elon Musk continuously throws absolutely absurd sums of money at projects that are impossible to accomplish with current technology, and his few successful scientific projects like SpaceX hold little to no advantages over public programs like NASA and the ESA.

In other words, a project can be demonstratively impossible to accomplish, but there are still people who will throw money at it. A couple months ago, Musk founded a new company aiming to 'upload' human brains to computers, despite the fact that we're literally centuries from having a strong enough understanding of the brain/computers to build something like that.

all evidence he has to support his points are from pictures and videos. He doesn't have the schematics or any solid proof

Struggling to understand what the thought process is behind this. If there were any relevant 'schematics' to use as supporting evidence, he would show them to you in picture/video format.