Author Topic: Brick-Hill a.k.a Blockcity 2.0  (Read 13520 times)

crap i created an account on it, brb changing password, logging off and logging back in

sorry for double post, but i thankfully also added extra security measures so that if they do get me, i'll be the only one with my account

crap i created an account on it, brb changing password, logging off and logging back in
that's a possible way they've been getting into accounts then. if you used the same passwords for BLF and this website, the owner of that site has your login info here. change your passwords.

that's a possible way they've been getting into accounts then. if you used the same passwords for BLF and this website, the owner of that site has your login info here. change your passwords.
We don't store login info; all passwords are bcrypt encrypted and we do not do anything malicious.
Any malicious activity done on our site (or related to) results in punishment, and we try to sort it out as quickly and effectively as possible.

Did you hear anything Moosh said? Obviously not. It's a game made in GameMaker by 2 teens, do you expect it to be a AAA game?
hell, some good games are made in unity and that thing is a game making engine

that's probably the strangest thing. why is it them? what makes them more susceptible to hijackings?
how about the complete lack of password maintenance?

you know, since the account is abandoned

hell, some good games are made in unity and that thing is a game making engine
2 teens spending their free time to make a game isn't 2 full time game devs spending a year working on it as their job

dont underestimate how much effort and time it takes to make a game and all its assets. it takes an incredibly long time/incredible number of hours to make even a simple game.

incredible number of man hours*

Can someone explain this entire bloxcity situation to me please?

basically people signed up for a game and some users on that game hijacked some old Blf accounts.

has anyone figured out how they were able to get into blf accounts?

there's not any current smf exploit for this version i'm aware of

The first incident was when Gamefandan and another user got hijacked by unknown users from an obscure lego like game called "Bloxcity" and put the forum on high alert. I think Badspot moved the forums to HTTPS after this.

i didn't use the same password but couldn't they still get into your account even if the passwords were different?

has anyone figured out how they were able to get into blf accounts?

there's not any current smf exploit for this version i'm aware of
the exploit was that carbon copy or whatnot and the email notification when pm system showing other user's email addresses in the actual email
people who used sites like mailinator and then signed up for the blf using the mailinator email were affected by this
zapk or whoever used the password recovery function on mailinator and got the users' passwords

at least i think this is what happened

the admins/owners appear to have taken notice?
The creator of Brick-Hill is actually Rebldomakr. Only time I ever see him is on jailbreak, but alot