Author Topic: SuperKart Revival Update - Need Help  (Read 3908 times)

While hosting the gamemode, eventually I can see some bricks from the previous track floating around so I'm forced to use the console command flushtexturecache();, is there a way to fix this?
Not really. It's an issue with the octtree system

But that is a lot more rare with the normal SpeedKart

i'm glad you codified "octtree" so we can see how important it is

Yeah I've noticed it's something about the brickcount, I'm clearing up parts of some tracks to save up time, frostfjall for example have a LOT of trees
whats the average brickcount for some of the maps?

i dont really get the idea of the background or scenery when the gamemode is all about racing
~aesthetic~

I really suggest having a whole other modter set without dts collision and optimised (no prints?) purely for decorational purposes or for places where vehicles wont be going. This would require some parts of existing tracks to be rebuilt, but performance should be heavily improved as a result.

Also try to cut out some of the modter that players wont see, this should lessen brickcount and improve performance as well. The new duplicator should be very helpful in doing this.
less modter = less dts collision areas = better performance.

Try to see if mr noobler would offer to help improve the superkarts' controls or at least make them slide around instead of getting stuck on walls/upside down. I also suggest porting over my /flip command and make it triggered with a mouse click.

Perhaps left click = flip and right click = reset?

I'm willing to help with this in some way.

edit: I REALLY dont recommend using detail trees. Use sylvandor's trees instead.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 08:50:12 AM by Crispy_ »

I really suggest having a whole other modter set without dts collision and optimised (no prints?) purely for decorational purposes or for places where vehicles wont be going. This would require some parts of existing tracks to be rebuilt, but performance should be heavily improved as a result.
Not sure if that would be very needed, after all it would take a long time to remake all of modter, and

Also try to cut out some of the modter that players wont see, this should lessen brickcount and improve performance as well. The new duplicator should be very helpful in doing this.
less modter = less dts collision areas = better performance.
We're working on it.

Try to see if mr noobler would offer to help improve the superkarts' controls or at least make them slide around instead of getting stuck on walls/upside down. I also suggest porting over my /flip command and make it triggered with a mouse click.

Perhaps left click = flip and right click = reset?
Improve handling in what exactely?

edit: I REALLY dont recommend using detail trees. Use sylvandor's trees instead.
Why is that? I don't like them because no matter what I do the sticks still pokes out of the tree like this.

And since the wood and the leaves are two separate bricks, replacing the trees with those would double the brickcount
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 10:17:30 AM by Filipe »

Improve handling in what exactely?
at the very least, playing fastkarts/snailkart should show that when a kart is flipped over, they "slide" instead of being stuck in place. they also do this with walls. i think this would be an amazing addition to superkart.

also i have yet to play superkart online but im worried that superkart physics might be crazier than speedkart. with some datablock value tweaks i believe this should also be fixed

Why is that? I don't like them because no matter what I do the sticks still pokes out of the tree like this.

And since the wood and the leaves are two separate bricks, replacing the trees with those would double the brickcount
detailtrees is a lazily made compilation of stolen models. shading is all over the place, and a lot of them dont look that good compared to sylv trees. (and coming from me, the "creator" of the pack, that sure says a lot)

also it seems like that one does that for stylistic purposes? it still looks ugy though so i agree. some of the other leaf bricks do seem to hide the wood parts tho

if u integrate the tree bricks into the gamemode that could be fixed and not affect the """"""""""released"""""""""" bricks so players wouldnt have to overwrite the real one. it seems that the upper wood part does some trickery so that its all the "top side" while the leaf bricks "cover" up the top side of the below brick. this could be applied to the weird leaf brick you tried using there

integrating your addons would make the gamemode easier to install and not drastically affect existing installs as a bonus. though first time loads may be long, it would be like joining a server with lots of mods in a vanilla install

also i dont think doubling the tree brickcount would be that bad. they aren't modter and im pretty sure they dont have dts collision so it should be fine
and it would probably be nearly the same amount of faces that detailtrees has, if not less
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 11:11:08 AM by Crispy_ »

I see, I'll take a look at those things, also why in the .cs code of the fastkarts everything is positioned sideways? It looks like a complete mess and difficult to find anything
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 11:40:02 AM by Filipe »

While hosting the gamemode, eventually I can see some bricks from the previous track floating around so I'm forced to use the console command flushtexturecache();

Then don't.

Use flushVBOcache();, it has the same effect and is much faster.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 02:12:21 PM by Superstarxalien169 »

Then don't.

Use flushVBOcache();, it has the same effect and is much faster.
Here's the thing, it shoudn't be doing that, it's annoying.