Author Topic: SuperKart Revival Update - Need Help  (Read 3893 times)

The SuperKart Gamemode had a very flawed release, but I want to be able to gather help into bringing it back, by fixing any possible issues, here is a list of what's needed to happen:

- Improve the checkpoint system, especially when you respawn back to it, some way to avoid getting stuck to other players
- Add a way to identify the players that reached 2nd and 3rd place
- Improve the vehicles
- Make the tracks more maneuverable
- Improve the loading between tracks, somehow making it easier to load without being client heavy.
- Change the waiting time for the race to begin from 20 to 30

*Extra*
- Some new musics
- A battle vehicle
- New tracks maybe

I need someone who is willing to give it a hand at taking a look at the gamemode and help coding, I'll help with anything I can, please send me a PM if you can help with something.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 12:35:27 PM by Filipe »

Some tracks will receive some updates too.

if you want to build the whole gamemode from the ground up that's fine but if you plan on working with what's already there and i did something dumb or stupid or have questions i'm here mostly.

i won't do it myself because we've all heard this song and dance before

if you want to build the whole gamemode from the ground up that's fine but if you plan on working with what's already there and i did something dumb or stupid or have questions i'm here mostly.

i won't do it myself because we've all heard this song and dance before
I plan to fix on what's already here, I'm sure we can improve things that I listed above without needing to do everything again, what do you think?

I plan to fix on what's already here, I'm sure we can improve things that I listed above without needing to do everything again, what do you think?
- Improve the checkpoint system, especially when you respawn back to it, some way to avoid getting stuck to other players
doable but it might be better to rewrite checkpoints so they can be rotated and made all cool and stuff
- Add a way to identify the players that reached 2nd and 3rd place
apparently i wrote something for this at some point?
- Improve the vehicles
- Make the tracks more maneuverable
up to you guys
- Improve the loading between tracks, somehow making it easier to load without being client heavy.
im not sure if this a code thing or not off the top of my head

- Change the waiting time for the race to begin from 20 to 30
isn't this a build thing. if it's a code thing then it's really easy to change.

- A battle vehicle
i still have functioning code lying around somewhere for powerup boxes

Are you willing to help again? We can contact about it, I'll be providing whatever I can

Are you willing to help again? We can contact about it, I'll be providing whatever I can
I think I trust myself enough to know that you can't entirely rely on me for like, anything, but I can atleast provide support to someone you can rely on. I'll send the modified version their way.

if you turn off vehicle collision a lot of car problems would be solved

if you turn off vehicle collision a lot of car problems would be solved
Them there will be no more Blockland vehicle physics or competition, you'd be racing ghosts

I think I trust myself enough to know that you can't entirely rely on me for like, anything, but I can atleast provide support to someone you can rely on. I'll send the modified version their way.
What is modified in it exactely? If you can recomend someone you know it would be easier I guess, are you sure you don't want to try out to finish what is needed?

Also the problem about the loading between tracks is that sometimes the track takes long to load and it breaks one round of the race, there should be a way for the gamemode to wait for it to load so it starts another round, also sometimes you can see plenty of floating bricks from the previous track due to heavy cache
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 12:57:13 AM by Filipe »

this might improve physics a bit, but be advised that the performance hit for high values is massive

tests have been run to show that it doesn't significantly improve collision for the performance cost

weren't you considering some sort of modular track brick pack with custom road bricks and props, making proper ramps or road curves for gravity a plausible mechanic?

Currently working on a chunk loading feature like it does for saving on the autosaver.