HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US

Author Topic: HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US  (Read 36442 times)

you're still dividing nothing by nothing. 0/anything will be zero too...

i don't think you quite get the concept of mathematical infinity- that is, why x/0 is always undefined

things can approach infinity- e.g. a cube root graph's domain, or the energy required to move mass at 1 C, but infinity itself isn't a number that can be met at the end of an equation. math models reality, and infinity as a thing cannot be reached in reality, only approached. when you divide by zero, the answer would indeed be, by technicality, a form of infinity. however, due to the fact that things in math cannot directly equal infinity, x/0=undefined. there's a reason that people in the field of theoretical physics still aren't 100% about black holes actually having singularities, considering whenever singularities show up in a model, it's due to an error in calculation. the reasons for this stuff begin to become apparent when you learn about graphing in algebra 2 and beyond. y=1/x has no spot where x can equal zero, as y would have to reach infinity.

there's also the logical issue of how we model infinity. the idea that division is simply taking a portion out of a value is only partially accurate. you can divide a potato in 2 following this logic, but i'd like to see you try dividing it by 1/2.

the reason i'm so focused on driving home that x/0 is not infinity is because if it were, then 0/0 could equal 0. but that's simply not the case.  
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 06:37:47 PM by Juncoph »

and then you have 0! which just equals 1 and everything is fine

and then you have 0! which just equals 1 and everything is fine

Does that mean you never run out of anything, and keep having at least 1 of it?

Or perhaps your resources disappear if their amount drops to 1?

he will nut inside us (funny joke) (ifunny)

More like you idiots divided us saying a legally elected man isn't your president and calling for revolution and stuff lol

More like you idiots divided us saying a legally elected man isn't your president and calling for revolution and stuff lol
I don't care if he was legally elected, he isn't my president. Take a hike, wise guy.

donald Annoying Orange, emperor of america

easy way to make donald Annoying Orange not your president: leave the united states of america

I don't care if he was legally elected, he isn't my president. Take a hike, wise guy.
Then revoke your citizenship and move

you won't make me ahaha pusillanimous individual

He's trolling, friend. You're not going to get a serious discussion out of him no matter what you say.

He's trolling, friend. You're not going to get a serious discussion out of him no matter what you say.
"anybody who isn't on my side is just trolling" how bout you do a 180 and forget right off bloody tampon

"anybody who isn't on my side is just trolling" how bout you do a 180 and forget right off bloody tampon
You haven't been serious at all for this entire thread though. All you've been doing is bumping it when it starts to die. Also, that's pretty harsh man, calm down a smidge.