Unwanted program "Polaris Office" keeps harassing me on my PC

Author Topic: Unwanted program "Polaris Office" keeps harassing me on my PC  (Read 5041 times)

Every time I go to export a new music file for blockland music making stuff using Audacity, Polaris Office keeps popping up on my computer giving me this gay warnings that it's trying to reinstall itself or something and can't find the directory.

I already uninstalled the program and wiped every trace of it I could from my computer. I don't know how to find the source of these warnings so that I can stop them. What should I do?

restore a previous backup before you installed that stuff
also maybe restart too if you havent done that already
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 08:39:06 PM by Willco2 »

I installed it years ago and I don't have system restore points.

I restarted already, it did not solve the problem.

tab

Do you have "Everything"?
https://www.voidtools.com/
Try looking for it with that

Bump

This problem still persists, I cannot find out how to make these annoying popups go away.

have you tried running the tool tab provided/malwarebytes on the device to see if it picks up anything?

Open task manager and go to the processes tab. Enable the command line column.

Find the installer and delete it.

Reformat?

This is horrible advice given that he may have stuff he still wants on his hard drive and that there are new tools out there proficient at getting rid of malware. Please greatly reconsider ever giving tech support advice.

OT: Try using malwarebytes and the rest of the usual anti-malware programs. If nothing turns up, do some sleuthing into the location of the executable using the process manager, you can manually delete the program if you know where it is running from.

Open task manager and go to the processes tab. Enable the command line column.

Find the installer and delete it.
I can't find the installer anywhere in the processes tab, even with the command line column enabled.

The pop-up tab just says "Polaris Office" but when I look in the processes window, that process is nowhere to be found.

Download the latest version from their official website (polarisoffice.com) and install it. Do a reboot, then either install IObit or Revo Uninstaller and use that to uninstall Polaris Office, it will run the official uninstaller for the program then do a sweep of the system afterwards to look for missed registry and files. Reboot again after that. Profit.

install CCleaner, then check the tasks in the startup section. chances are it's there, waiting to be deleted or disabled.

CC-cleaner worked, it detected the program and I was able to completely uninstall it. Thanks for the help!