Why Has Youtube Gone To stuff Recently?

Author Topic: Why Has Youtube Gone To stuff Recently?  (Read 3610 times)

I feel like it's been stuffty for a while now except now that stufftiness is in another form. I mean, it was a couple years ago when RWJ was the most popular channel on YouTube for doing nothing but stuffty commentary on other people's content.

Also, while I'm glad people can make money off of content, I feel like monetization as a whole has sunken YouTube in terms of quality. I feel like when there was no monetary incentive people made videos just for the love of making videos. Now it feels like there's so many channels that are being downright cynical and just pumping stuff out for the sake of making money.

we need more notepad tutorials

the youtube drama involving people like pyrocynical, leafyishere, keemstar, etc has been toxic to watch

as has youtube itself being incredibly corrupt and one-sided in its policies. like how they demonetize and age-restrict channels and videos that espouse conservative points of view, such as Prager University, and how they will arbitrarily take down videos or put strikes on people's accounts over unverified/unjustified copyright claims.

and let's not forget that "youtube heroes" bullcrap
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:58:11 PM by Planr »

YouTube: Guilty until proven innocent

forget youtube and forget google this is why i use schooltube

Now it feels like there's so many channels that are being downright cynical and just pumping stuff out for the sake of making money.

aka toy channels. like honestly what are toy channels even?

those things are the biggest internet enigma i've ever seen. so many videos from so many different channels with so many views, every single day. i'm sure bots do some of the work, but you can't get that many views from bots so that leads me to believe that there's an actual audience for this. an actual toy channel fanbase. i like to think that even kids don't have that much stuff taste, but i can't think of anyone else

watched 1 of those vids with my friends for fun. i expected to laugh at how bad it was, but it was just some woman voicing a baby doll that made a gross drink in a blender and then shat it out in her diaper. it was just horrible and i feel sorry for any parent who has to be the adult supervision for when their kids watch this

TL;DR: yeah youtube has gone to stuff, literally

ok forget you schooltube i can't believe you removed my videos but luckily i found a new video sharing site called chaturbate and i'm gonna start livestreaming my minecraft let's plays there please subscribe and donate to my channel thanks

Youtube is trying to make it more "advertiser friendly" this means less actual creative unique content and more "episodic" crap.

I once used youtube to look at like youtube poop and other bullstuff.

Now people use youtube basically as netflix or TV now.

Well, Guys, just so you know, there are alternatives.
https://vid.me/

mmhmm totally better
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 12:25:01 AM by p0rtalGeek »

youtube isn't awful in terms of the videos, it's just not that good for content creators who decided to do this as their full time job.
clickbait is a tactic used to boost their earnings as a simple click on the video is enough to contribute to the ad revenue.
for youtubers that cannot stuff out 10+ minute content every day/hour/second, patreon exists for that.

no youtube isn't "KILLING MY CHANNEL", it needs to comply with advertisers to even make that money; an advertiser wouldn't want their shaving cream product to be played before or during a video where some dude is paintballing himself in the nuts.

This happens regardless of which video site you go on. The content is supplied by the community, not Youtube, unless you count that icky Youtube spotlight stuff. You can't really fix this problem because people can (within limits) post almost whatever stupid stuff they want.