Can I sue my school?

Author Topic: Can I sue my school?  (Read 2635 times)

There are people in that school with felonies? Is the other half of the building a penitentiary?

I'm not really into the law or anything, but I'm pretty sure that you'd be able to sue because they falsely advertised. However, it'd be a bit of a risky move, because things can be quite unpredictable in a lawsuit.
(see ipquarx's post below, yes it is true that you need quite a lot of money if you're going to sue them, and who knows what will happen if you get screwed over)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:01:31 PM by Mr Queeba »

is everybody forgetting that OP is 17 and doesn't have nearly enough money to sue

There are people in that school with felonies? Is the other half of the building a penitentiary?
A church.

is everybody forgetting that OP is 17 and doesn't have nearly enough money to sue
He can get his parents to sue them.

He can get his parents to sue them.
Unless his parents have a metric buttload of disposable income... No. Lawsuits are insanely expensive. Tens of thousands of dollars per month for a potentially years long case. His best bet is to get his parents to complain to the school district/schoolboard and hope they can do something about it, a lawsuit is simply not feasible.

Did you not research or visit the school before committing?

Did you not research or visit the school before committing?
I was about to post this. Like yeah, why didn't you not go to the school take a look at it before signing up for it?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:53:54 PM by cooolguy32 »

I was about to post this. Like yeah, why didn't you not go to the school take a look at it before signing up for it?
Not to mention that he gave it a "second chance". What were you thinking, OP?

You do realize false advertisement is a crime you can Sue for right?

Guys stop saying he should sue already... It's been mentioned multiple times that hes 17 and theres probably like a 99.9% chance that he doesnt have enough money to sue a school for claims of false advertisement. And his parents most likely dont either.

Like other people said though, why didnt you tour the school and just go with what a flyer said?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 07:30:34 PM by Willco2 »

something about delaware schools... hmm.....

I didn't tour because I was out of state.

I didn't tour because I was out of state.
but you didn't even look at online reviews...? honestly that's just pretty stupid