Author Topic: I can't host my server. *HELP*  (Read 1243 times)

I am trying to host my server, but as soon as it finishes loading add-ons and music and displays to me the welcome message, the loading bar just stays on "Waiting for Server." Other people can join and spawn however, and I can't seem to find a solution.

Please Help!

Should have posted this in the help board, but I guess until it gets moved we can try to help you here

Are you using the steam version? if not, try opening another client (running the launcher a second time) and then see if joining your own server works. Also, post a console log of you starting a server and someone else joining (but you not finishing your loading process)

Yeah, I tried multi-clienting, and no I am not using the Steam Version. Multi-clienting did the same thing however, with the Waiting For Server thing.

Please post your console log, since at this point all we can do is just guess why this is happening. it sounds like a local network problem.

damn, I thought it was a ping issue.

I tried to host and everyone couldn't connect, my friend Fedoraman12 tried to host and nobody can join and Nuclear Cola tried to host and everybody couldn't join.

OP, I believe your case may be a faulty add-on or like Conan said; "a network problem"

damn, I thought it was a ping issue.

I tried to host and everyone couldn't connect, my friend Fedoraman12 tried to host and nobody can join and Nuclear Cola tried to host and everybody couldn't join.

OP, I believe your case may be a faulty add-on or like Conan said; "a network problem"
his problem is specifically he cant load into his own servers, but others can join. what you and your friends may be experiencing is no upnp support on your routers, so you all have to port forward if you want to host on your local internet connection

But it isn't LAN though, thats the thing, I am hosting it publicly, however I cannot join but others can.

his problem is specifically he cant load into his own servers, but others can join. what you and your friends may be experiencing is no upnp support on your routers, so you all have to port forward if you want to host on your local internet connection
I just learned how to port forward properly, now my server is working finely. After spending 2 hours trying so much stuff.

Had to reinstall BL, that fixed it. Locking topic.