Author Topic: Another Airplane  (Read 3177 times)

Edit: I hope everyone is doing well.  If we used to build together or something, please say hey.

Haven't been around for like a year and a half aside from forum lurking.  Re-download BL and took a spin at building.  I pretty much forgot how to build so I figured I would refresh myself with a plane.  Oddly enough, this is probably the best fuselage I've made yet.

It's just a WWII styled plane, kind of like an old Beechcraft or C-45.  Wing proportions need work still, but this thing is really roomy on the inside which is lit.

Peep what the wing curvature will look like in the background of the second image.

Forgot to mention. The whole build is default minus the color set

Saw you working on this at ANT's.

Please finish!

Forgot to mention. The whole build is default minus the color set

I was about to point that out on your server, I apreciate that people use default bricks so they can share the build with more people without the need to download brick packs.

Btw, did you figure out the wing size yet?

lol my first build ever was a Corsair made of 1x1s

Cool stuff

Please finish!
I hope to, time permitting!
That's a big plane.
Size matters

Update:
This is going to be a sort of "runner" aircraft from WWII.  Anything that needs to go in this thing goes in.  A bench for personnel, a .30 cal mg, a crate of mail, ammo, a gas can, oxygen tanks, a fire extinguisher, and some scaffolding are all crammed in here.

Didn't touch the wings yet, but I made blocky-ass default brick landing gear
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 11:53:16 PM by SailorMan »

Looks awesome so far

Looks magnificent! Just saw one over at the airport. Now are most of these generally this blue-grey color?

Looks magnificent! Just saw one over at the airport. Now are most of these generally this blue-grey color?
Thank you! I didn't model this aircraft after any particular one, so it's possible that it just resembles ones I've seen in the past. Most general aviation aircraft are white with detailing in other colors. Reason why this one is blue is because I've decided to make it a plane that would have flown in the navy during the Second World War. It is blue on top to blend in with the ocean and white on the bottom to blend into the sky or clouds. It has black on the nose to prevent glare going into the roosterpit.

Great to see you still playing!