Author Topic: Trust system  (Read 1583 times)

There are some pretty serious weaknesses in the current Trust system. I suggest doing some changes on it before the next release.

Example 1:
I am hosting a server. Some guy comes in, starts building. A second guy comes is, helps the first one build. The first one leaves.
Now, a third guy enters. He wants to help the second guy build, but he can't, because he doesn't have the Trust of the first one.

Example 2:
I am hosting a server. Lots of people build. Then suddenly the server crashes. I restart the server and load the latest autosave. Problem: The loader (me) now owns all of the bricks. I have to give full trust to everyone in order for them to build.

If there isn't already a way to change ownership of bricks, or tweak players' individual trust permits, this should be implemented.

By the way, I'd also like a feature to save a group of bricks, chosen maybe like with the Duplicator.

2 is being done in version 9... not sure about 1.

i like, i suggest doing both as its helpful and its happened before

Tom

Yes very needed I hate it when a server crashes and the adimn refuses to give you full trust.

2 is being done in version 9... not sure about 1.
Where did you find that? I don't remember seeing it...

Brick ownership saving will be in v9.

Using the duplicator it is possible to bypass the first problem.

Person 2 just has to duplicate the build with the duplicator and remove the old one.
The ownership will be entirely his then.

Badspot

• Administrator
The first example is as designed.  Guy one doesn't even know guy three.  Guy one probably doesn't want his build getting destroyed because some friend of a friend of a friend is a jackass.

And as previously mentioned, brick ownership saving will be in v9. 

Brick ownership saving will be in v9.
Oh thank to good Lord Almighty!

i know its off topic but what about getting hurt while jumping in a jeep during a mini?

If the first guy wanted 3rd to build on his stuff, then they probably already would have had trust.

If the first guy wanted 3rd to build on his stuff, then they probably already would have had trust.
In some servers, at least in mine, no one can really claim the right to bricks, even though they built them, especially after leaving the server. Because players come and go all the time, people should have the ability to build on top of existing bricks (especially important for vehicle and item spawns).

Code: [Select]
package AlwaysBuildTrust
{
 function getTrustLevel(%a,%b)
 {
  %a = parent::getTrustLevel(%a,%b);
  if(%a < 1){return 1;}
  return %a;
 }
};activatePackage(AlwaysBuildTrust);

Everyone in the server will have at least "Build" trust with others, unless they invite each other for "Full" trust. This will not affect their trust lists when they leave the server.