Mail System - Need Build Screenshots

Author Topic: Mail System - Need Build Screenshots  (Read 2485 times)

I'm basically finished with a new mail system add-on that should be released very soon. This add-on allows you to send notes, messages, cards and packaged items to players. It also allows mailbox owners to view mail, temporarily disabling incoming items and block mail from other players.

I would like to include images of brick builds as the background for some of the cards, and was wondering if anyone had screenshots I could use? Including builds by the community would really help, and would provide another way to showcase them. Pictures of in-game situations are also welcome; some of the categories for the cards I would like to add include:

• Postcards (includes throwbacks to maps)
  • Friendship
  • Funny
  • Rivalry
  • Holiday
  • Miscellaneous (i.e. invitations and awards)

Here's an example of one of the holiday cards:

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 03:57:34 PM by Electrk. »

So like the mail system in lego loco?

Mr. LoL has some beautiful screenshots on his Tumblr

Some choice cuts:

-imgs-
These are awesome, thanks. I'll message Mr. LoL about using his builds as well.

So like the mail system in lego loco?
It's somewhat similar; you just click on a mailbox with one of the mail items to send it, and then click on the mailbox brick itself to view it's inbox.

It's somewhat similar; you just click on a mailbox with one of the mail items to send it, and then click on the mailbox brick itself to view it's inbox.
those are not actually his builds in the most part: hes just a bl photographer

that said im 99% sure that all the builders of the builds hes taken pictures of would agree for their use as card backgrounds

Yeah here are the builds:

1. King Leo's Castle by King Leo
2. Versailles (or something like Versailles) by I think King Leo again
3. SPO Castle by the SPO clan
4. Japanese Pagoda by Camel
5. Ancient Temple by Camel
6. IsjiX's Freebuild City by IsjiX and many other people
7. Pirate Ship Island by Furdle

Been looking forward to this for a while.  Would make City RPGs loads of fun.

Also, can you make a deposit box version?

that said im 99% sure that all the builders of the builds hes taken pictures of would agree for their use as card backgrounds
Oh okay, I just prefer getting permission if possible, but yeah I'm sure most people won't mind.

Been looking forward to this for a while.  Would make City RPGs loads of fun.

Also, can you make a deposit box version?
-img-
Sure, would this be for the mail system, or would it have to support all items?

furdle doesn't really play ever anymore
pass is gone

speaking on behalf of SPO, you can use any of those builds
although im sure no one would care if you just included credits in the postcards although i dont think thats nessecary

Sure, would this be for the mail system, or would it have to support all items?
Can't tell, really, but perhaps a small variant and a larger variant.  The smaller would receive mail only, and the larger could receive packages AND mail.

Probably best meant to be installed into a wall.  Maybe also have double-sided variants so players can receive mail on the outside of a building and retrieve it from the inside.

The cards are done! The add-on is pretty much finished, just need to do some testing before release. Thanks for the screenshots:

furdle doesn't really play ever anymore
pass is gone

speaking on behalf of SPO, you can use any of those builds
although im sure no one would care if you just included credits in the postcards although i dont think thats nessecary
Great, thanks. I won't be able to credit everyone, but I'll mention the photographers and link to mr. LoL's page, which has the names of the builds and their authors.

Can't tell, really, but perhaps a small variant and a larger variant.  The smaller would receive mail only, and the larger could receive packages AND mail.

Probably best meant to be installed into a wall.  Maybe also have double-sided variants so players can receive mail on the outside of a building and retrieve it from the inside.
I could definitely include a P.O. box (close to the size in the photo), and add more variants later on as needed.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:49:38 AM by [GSF]Ghost »