Author Topic: An easier way to display a terminal like computer.  (Read 1480 times)

I'm working on a Single player horror adventure and I'm in need of a more efficient way to display texts and logs without having to write every line to On x -> client -> [Words].

Something that allowed you to store data through in game links, similar to a terminal.
I'm terrible at describing things so let me just give a visual example.

could potentially use print bricks, but then the displays would be pretty large
I remember at some point there was a way to display text above bricks as well

I remember at some point there was a way to display text above bricks as well
yeah you can just use staticshapes or smth that doesn't have a setShapeName password. there was an event that did it at some point, duno where it went

I was thinking more along the lines of displaying a gui on the screen and navigating with your mouse. Those two options sound good but not in the scope of what i'm trying to achieve. I'm not familiar with static shapes either.

you would need a client mod to be able to make a menu like that

You can store a lot of information on .txt files and read it in with a client mod. If you're making a singleplayer game you might as well use that. for multiplayer, client guis are unfavorable.

you would need a client mod to be able to make a menu like that
You can store a lot of information on .txt files and read it in with a client mod. If you're making a singleplayer game you might as well use that. for multiplayer, client guis are unfavorable.
he did say its a single player thing though, so its definitely viable

Website that procedurally generates and displays an image based on the url you go to (kind of like what beepbox does) plus BL-Browser?

Website that procedurally generates and displays an image based on the url you go to (kind of like what beepbox does) plus BL-Browser?
Just a note, this could be done easier via AWS_LoadUrl("data:text/html,<html>");