Author Topic: Richard Spencer gets bulied by woman in gym, loses gym membership  (Read 26152 times)

businesses are commercial spaces built on public land.
........????

man i don't remember orangemans original account having posts this good what happened

Not a comparable situation.  Spencer didn't do anything to disrupt the gym.  The equivalent on the forum would be if someone on was minding their own business posting about Blockland and I banned them because of a completely unrelated post they made on another forum.  Legal or not, it's morally wrong to use your power as a business owner to attempt to police all aspects of your customer's lives.
Well there's the whole thing about what constitutes as "disrupting the gym". He's an advocate for all kinds of tribal anti-social ideas apparently, if people are disgusted by his presence to the point to cause a scene then isn't that disrupting the gym? I don't see how that's an attempt by the gym to control Spencer's personal life. All they have control over is making Spencer not come to their gym.

What about that Mattnett dude whose key you de-activated because he made some handicapped claims about you and the game on some Yahoo questions submission? Isn't that kind of controlly? Speak ill of me and I'll take away
your ability to interact with this online community you may or may not care about.

Personally I think that a business owner should be able to serve whoever they want. If you don't want to bake a cake for a couple whose lifestyle goes against your religion, you shouldn't have to. Neither should you be enforced to allow a person in your gym with views you dislike. If there is a problem of discrimination which is having a significant negative impact on certain individuals, there should be legislation that helps them out.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:33:31 AM by Rednakin »

Well there's the whole thing about what constitutes as "disrupting the gym". He's an advocate for all kinds of tribal anti-social ideas apparently, if people are disgusted by his presence to the point to cause a scene then isn't that disrupting the gym? I don't see how that's an attempt by the gym to control Spencer's personal life. All they have control over is making Spencer not come to their gym.

What about that Mattnett dude whose key you de-activated because he made some handicapped claims about you and the game on some Yahoo questions submission? Isn't that kind of controlly? Speak ill of me and I'll take away
your ability to interact with this online community you may or may not care about.

Personally I think that a business owner should be able to serve whoever they want. If you don't want to bake a cake for a couple whose lifestyle goes against your religion, you shouldn't have to. Neither should you be enforced to allow a person in your gym with views you dislike. If there is a problem of discrimination which is having a significant negative impact on certain individuals, there should be legislation that helps them out.
The problem is anyone could have a problem with anyone else over anything. You could think someone is absolutely disgusting and has no personal hygiene or you can be upset at someone for saying something to your child. Where does it end? It's a slippery slope and now you're bringing up the question of discrimination. If a business owner can legally ban anyone they want then what stops them from banning races or genders? You're saying it's okay to ban anyone but there should be laws against discrimination​. You can't really have both.

Well there's the whole thing about what constitutes as "disrupting the gym". He's an advocate for all kinds of tribal anti-social ideas apparently, if people are disgusted by his presence to the point to cause a scene then isn't that disrupting the gym?

by this same logic, people can decide they for whatever reason don't like a certain person, make a loud fuss about it, and have that person removed from the gym for being "at fault" for "disrupting the gym"

i'd like to think that blowing up on a person who's just trying lift is more disrupting than the presence of someone minding their own business. i mean the ass even denied his own identity likely to prevent the very scene that happened anyways