suggest Rooged new games

Author Topic: suggest Rooged new games  (Read 1314 times)

so i'm trying to find survival-esque games that involve a lot of like crafting and base building, the more in depth the better i would think. i already have played a lot of different crafting games but i just can't seem to find one i'm super interested in

here are some games i have/(played) that may fall into this/a similar category, and respective criticism so maybe you guys can help me find something with my specific interest

ark survival evolved, i love it but there's not enough to build IMHO

space engineers, i love the game but there's not a good enough survival element to it

minecraft, but that's just not as fun anymore on vanilla and i can't be bothered to try a new modpack (unless theres something else like terrafirmacraft)

scrap mechanics, but there isn't a good enough multiplayer feature to it (or survival for that matter but i understand that isn't what the game is about, so that can be omitted)

haven and hearth, i looooooved the legacy version when it was still around, i tried the new version and i enjoyed it but at the time i couldn't get enough information about some aspects of the game to even find a development path, so that died out. if anyone else plays this game and would like to play with me, i'll consider trying it again so long as i can figure my stuff out

i find myself having a hard time explaining what kind of game exactly i am looking for, so hopefully my thoughts about the aforementioned games can help explain

factorio might interest you, though it's much more heavily based on automation, it has got base building/survival elements

factorio might interest you, though it's much more heavily based on automation, it has got base building/survival elements
yes this buy now

also far cry 3 and 4 are pretty fun, you can probably buy them from those cheap key sites for 5 or 10 bucks

If you're going to buy rust I suggest running it once to see if it actually works on your system. It's a great game but jesus forget it memory leaks so loving badly.

ark survival evolved, i love it but there's not enough to build IMHO
have u tried mods?

yes this buy now

also far cry 3 and 4 are pretty fun, you can probably buy them from those cheap key sites for 5 or 10 bucks
it's been on my wishlist for some time, i'll probably buy it whenever it goes on sale

i'm sure i'll enjoy it, and thanks for the heads up about it
How about Starbound?
i've tried it before, tbh it seemed too much like terraria and i'm not really a huge fan of terraria
rust?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252490/Rust/
If you're going to buy rust I suggest running it once to see if it actually works on your system. It's a great game but jesus forget it memory leaks so loving badly.
also on my wishlist, only thing about rust i'm weary of is that i've heard the community is loving horrible. like, having a hard time making a base and just living on public servers bc of starfishs and whatnot
although i don't know how far i can really take that, considering i'm sure most open world sandbox pvp games will have this problem

i can't imagine i'd have trouble running it, i run fallout 4 at ultra settings my pc is brand new
have u tried mods?
nope, i pay for a custom server for my gf and myself so if you can recommend some good mods to me i'll def check them out

Isn't Rooge the name of that one autistic pickup artist on YouTube?

we have basically the same taste in games.

Astroneer. I love that game, I'm super stoked for what it will become.
Subnautica is a game about surviving underwater after crash landing on an alien water planet. it's really cool I'd check it out.
Project Zomboid is a neat game I used to play a lot. it's an isometric zombie survival game.
Unturned is a pretty fun multiplayer zombie survival game. There's both pvp and pve, it's basically dayz with great building mechanics, and it's free.
The Forest puts you in the middle of a huge forest occupied with cannibal tribes after your plane crashes. It has multiplayer and a good building system.
The Long Dark is a game where you survive in the middle of a snowy forest making use of the environment and looting old abandoned cabins and other structures but it's stupidly expensive.
Survive The Nights is an upcoming survival game that looks pretty cool.
Stranded Deep puts you in the middle of the ocean with just a raft and you have to survive by making use of the small islands you can find scattered around.

although two of those recommendations are zombie related I'm actually not a big fan of zombie survival oddly enough

also on my wishlist, only thing about rust i'm weary of is that i've heard the community is loving horrible. like, having a hard time making a base and just living on public servers bc of starfishs and whatnot
although i don't know how far i can really take that, considering i'm sure most open world sandbox pvp games will have this problem

i can't imagine i'd have trouble running it, i run fallout 4 at ultra settings my pc is brand new

i think there's servers with pvp disabled but that sorta ruins the most important aspect of the game.
also it runs on unity so I wouldn't be so sure about that last statement
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 05:30:17 PM by Steve5451² »

yeah rust eats up all my ram within about 5 minutes of playing and windows starts going apestuff

Isn't Rooge the name of that one autistic pickup artist on YouTube?
i wouldn't know, my name is just a bastardization of the word 'rugged' which was my previous forum account
we have basically the same taste in games.

Astroneer. I love that game, I'm super stoked for what it will become.
Subnautica is a game about surviving underwater after crash landing on an alien water planet. it's really cool I'd check it out.
Project Zomboid is a neat game I used to play a lot. it's an isometric zombie survival game.
Unturned is a pretty fun multiplayer zombie survival game. There's both pvp and pve, it's basically dayz with great building mechanics, and it's free.
The Forest puts you in the middle of a huge forest occupied with cannibal tribes after your plane crashes. It has multiplayer and a good building system.
The Long Dark is a game where you survive in the middle of a snowy forest making use of the environment and looting old abandoned cabins and other structures but it's stupidly expensive.
Survive The Nights is an upcoming survival game that looks pretty cool.
Stranded Deep puts you in the middle of the ocean with just a raft and you have to survive by making use of the small islands you can find scattered around.
also it runs on unity so I wouldn't be so sure about that last statement
ive played unturned quite a bit, it's really fun but it gets frustrating by myself. if there was an unturned server for blockland players i'd join it. i've tried many times to build a house, but it seems that getting the supplies without starving/dying some other way is so difficult by myself

i have the forest on my wishlist, definitely something i plan to pick up on sale

astroneer looks pretty cool, also plan to get it on sale, but the videos i've seen of the game (at least the ones on steam) don't really show me a lot of actual building mechanics. i've seen some vehicle building and some things that look like utilities, but haven't really seen any structure. regardless it still looks dope and i'll definitely get it on sale

subnautica, to be honest i thought was a completely different game i saw on my steam queue awhile ago that looked horrible but i'm glad i looked it up bc this actually looks super cool, also going on my wishlist. thanks for this one!

i can't really figure out what to make of the long dark

stranded deep looks like quaternary ark, so i'll definitely be picking it up haha

thank you so much for your suggestions! this really helps

strongly recommend breath of the wild if you have a wii u but if you don't i wouldn't recommend getting one just for the game

warframe if you are into 3rd person shooter "mmo" rpgs

warframe if you are into 3rd person shooter "mmo" rpgs