Author Topic: Some type of addon that can reduce brickcount  (Read 5500 times)

They're probably reducing the brickcount to free up space for more bricks, not reduce lag.
Except they're not. The brick limit is still way off (like a factor 3 way off).

They're at 200k bricks and not done with map. You can't blame them for wanting bricks to be used as well as possible. Also, past 400k or so game gets very difficult to work with. Any large large scale builder will tell you that.

They're at 200k bricks and not done with map. You can't blame them for wanting bricks to be used as well as possible. Also, past 400k or so game gets very difficult to work with. Any large large scale builder will tell you that.
This.
Gunny and I have been told multiple times by Sylv that around 400k, the game gets unstable and crashes uncontrollably.
We'd just rather be safe and try and use as little bricks as possible

So far we've tested 560k bricks and the server didnt crash for a few days but it starts destroying itself at 600+

But it's not the amount of bricks it's the amount of ghosts. You can have a stuffton of simple 1x1 bricks in a giant cube because the game renders them without interior faces. If you place 400k worth of door bricks that are separated from eachother the game crashes. I mean I guess it's nice to have a lower brickcount but it's not what decides whether the game crashes or not.

But it's not the amount of bricks it's the amount of ghosts. You can have a stuffton of simple 1x1 bricks in a giant cube because the game renders them without interior faces. If you place 400k worth of door bricks that are separated from eachother the game crashes. I mean I guess it's nice to have a lower brickcount but it's not what decides whether the game crashes or not.
I guarantee that if I place a block of 100k 1x1 flat bricks, it will affect your FPS more than a block the same size but merged bricks

When we were testing brickcount limits, we placed like 300k in 1x1f red plates in cube form. Whenever you'd look at the spam cube, your FPS would drop significantly.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 03:26:24 PM by Dragonoid.Slayer »