20 (16%)
vocals
25 (20%)
none because i suck
17 (13.6%)
other
20 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: how musically talented is the blf  (Read 6640 times)

so like anyone who listens to synthetically created music isnt listening to music?? what are they listening to then?
rap beats and electronic music is an illusion its just radio static that people are listening to

so like anyone who listens to synthetically created music isnt listening to music?? what are they listening to then?
it's not that it's not a music it's just not really playing an instrument

electronic instruments aren't real instruments. the only good instrument is the piano btw

i mean that like, when you press those you have to coordinate your finger movements and you have to position your mouth right and breath

with chiptune you just click somewhere on the screen and its done. its not real music even

That's a load of bullstuff. Sure the "instrument" is more accessible, but it still requires musical knowledge and/or talent to make coherent music. MIDI is such a ubiquitous tool that not calling it an instrument is just being blissfully ignorant. Hell, a lot of people use a keyboard trigger to make their material.

lies

That's a load of bullstuff. Sure the "instrument" is more accessible, but it still requires musical knowledge and/or talent to make coherent music. MIDI is such a ubiquitous tool that not calling it an instrument is just being blissfully ignorant. Hell, a lot of people use a keyboard trigger to make their material.
a glass bottle is more accessible than chiptune bullstuff, and i can break it on the table right now and the sound it will make will be better than chiptune too. i just invented an instrument
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:39:33 PM by PhantOS »

lies
a glass bottle is more accessible than chiptune bullstuff, and i can break it on the table right now and the sound it will make will be better than chiptune too

I want you to download REAPER and a synth VST right now and make something audible, and tell me that it's ezpz

a glass bottle is more accessible than chiptune bullstuff, and i can break it on the table right now and the sound it will make will be better than chiptune too. i just invented an instrument
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9T3eryZOwXY

I want you to download REAPER and a synth VST right now and make something audible, and tell me that it's ezpz
i already have like 50 gigabytes of VST for FL studio, im good thanks.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9T3eryZOwXY
anything is an instrument, even mayo. just slap some mayo on the ground and you have a nasty kick
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:47:37 PM by PhantOS »

i already have like 50 gigabytes of VST for FL studio, im good thanks
anything is an instrument, even mayo. just slap some mayo on the ground and you have a nasty kick

Then what's your point? Chiptune is indistinguishable from a high-level virtual instruments like 8Dio or Albion on its basic principles. It's all MIDI. If you supposedly own 50GB of VST's, (which isn't even that much in the grand scheme of decent virtual instruments, considering instrument libraries can be well over 100GB for a single VST) then bashing chiptune is a horrendous hypocrisy.

boy im boutta use you as an instrument if you don't close that pretty little mouth you got there

I think that it takes incredible talent to both create digital music and music with a physical instrument but it's a different kind of talent, although both are based in the same ability to hear and compose music. If you sat Martin Garrix, Bob Dylan, Pharrell, and Tchaikovsky in a room together, you would say with certainty that all are extremely gifted songwriters, but comparing Beethoven to Tiesto is apples to oranges IMO.

boy im boutta use you as an instrument if you don't close that pretty little mouth you got there
speaking of mouth, how's your sister doing

Then what's your point? Chiptune is indistinguishable from a high-level virtual instruments like 8Dio or Albion on its basic principles. It's all MIDI. If you supposedly own 50GB of VST's, (which isn't even that much in the grand scheme of decent virtual instruments, considering instrument libraries can be well over 100GB for a single VST) then bashing chiptune is a horrendous hypocrisy.
Not really. Even with all these VSTs its still not real music. Unless you have like a piano hooked up to the DAW and you're playing chords n stuff, its just fake stuff. clicking on a piano roll editor and moving notes around is composing, not playing

i dont forgetin know and stuff but like playing real instruments is talent. knowing basic music theory and how to put notes down and make melodies is just simple stuff, doesn't even take practice
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 01:11:12 PM by PhantOS »

speaking of mouth, how's your sister doing
missing half of her brain and sitting in a wheelchair eating pudding and jello with medicine in it

missing half of her brain and sitting in a wheelchair eating pudding and jello with medicine in it

i used to play the recorder but only because my school made me