Poll

Eh?

Yea
Nah

Author Topic: [Unfinished] Old vs New: D-Day Invasion Map [download available for new]  (Read 3486 times)

Also you are number 5 trillion to put the logs facing the wrong way. They're supposed to face with the low side to the sea and the tall side towards the bunkers so any landing craft that get on them get stuck due to the hull being lifted out of the water. But great build nontheless.

Yea... I was using the movie Saving Private Ryan as my main source of rebuilding certain parts of the beach and according to the movie's wiki page:

"The production team on Saving Private Ryan mistakenly placed most of the wooden ramps facing towards the sea instead of towards the beach."

Also according to some research I've done, there were sometimes mines placed on the tip of the wooden ramps so I assumed that because there were mines, they would have had to be facing the water, but thank you for the tips and if I ever continue building the map, that is definitely one of the things I'm going to fix first.

Looks great.  I like the beach obstacles too!

I would still say that your old one is viable for other uses, but indeed, your new one is vastly improved, well done.