Idea: Neighborhood Wars (TDM with homemade weapons)

Author Topic: Idea: Neighborhood Wars (TDM with homemade weapons)  (Read 906 times)

I've watched Ed, Edd n' Eddy quite a lot when I was younger, and I recently remembered about the show and I thought that, since every gadget and invention they make is made out of homemade objects, I thought about a TDM gamemode, where the theme is basicly this, a suburban area where the players are battleling to see which team is the most powerful in the neighborhood, the weapons are all made out of homemade objects, the armors they can wear also can be homemade, for example with cardboards, cooking pans, kitchen or construction items, I had that idea a few days ago but I thought it would be interesting to share.

Well maybe the crafting can work something like this (using VCE):

The game would be set up in 1 life rounds. When the round begins, you have a small period of time to go around your side of the street / check the houses near your spawn and look for bricks that are spray canned by some sort of FX can. When collected, your team is notified (ex "+1 Wooden Plank"), the brick dissapears for the remaining of the round, and the brick adds a wood variable is added to your team. (this next part, not sure if this would be the best option) In a garage, you can have a work bench to build certain armor, weapons or structures (ex. cardboard barriers, scrap metal grenades, etc) and it uses up some of the materials that you had collected.

This is just an idea and im sure a lot of work would have to be done to make it perform efficiently, but I like the concept a lot.

That's not exactely what I meant, here's what I mean.

Weapons that are crafted with objects commonly used at home, we could do concepts for all sorts of wacky weapons.