Author Topic: I've been living in Malawi, one of the poorest countries for the past year, AMA.  (Read 4422 times)

what wouldve happened if you were caught with the weed?????? ?

how frequent do crimes like murder occur and what is the publics reaction to it compared to the rest of the world

what wouldve happened if you were caught with the weed?????? ?
The police commissioner was friends with my boss and he said he doesn't really care about drugs. Plus everything was on compound, where the police have no right to enter.

how frequent do crimes like murder occur and what is the publics reaction to it compared to the rest of the world
Every day. A lot of my staff had whatsapp groups for their various families/towns... They would show me videos and photos that people would share on there that they've taken of people dead on the streets. Some kind of weird facination/enjoyment by it. I guess its a cultural thing. A lot of them would go to funerals often as healthcare is absolute garbage, so its really normal for them.

That's weird, but it makes sense. We are really pampered when it comes to death to the point where it's become ultra taboo while the Romans watched people get slaughtered for entertainment or people sat up on hills to watch battles.