Found a weird USB device in my TV

Author Topic: Found a weird USB device in my TV  (Read 3789 times)

I found this weird USB stick in my TV the other day.

It has no memory on it (It does not show up as anything on Windows File Explorer), and did not shock my motherboard when I put it in my computer, so can anybody help me figure out what it is?
The hole is probably for a cover that was removed before I found it in my TV.

The guy who installed your television works for the government.

is the plastic transparent? what can you see inside of it if so?
also try plugging it in then going into disk management and see if theres some sort of unformatted disk

THROW IT OUT IN THE BACKYARD, POUR HOLY WATER ON IT AND loving BURN IT.
CALL A PRIEST AND AN EXORCIST WHILE AT IT.

also try plugging it in then going into disk management and see if theres some sort of unformatted disk
This, then if nothing happens, take it apart.

It has no partitions. It does not show up in disk management

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:31:28 AM by RTBARCHIVE »

my dad is a manager for samsung and he says thats a usb device they use in the manufacturing centers to set up the firmware for televisions. usually its removed before the unit gets sent out but somebody must've accidentally left one in your TV.

some companies give u a couple of bucks if u mail it back to them so u should check who made ur TV and see if they offer anything like that.

It has no partitions.

If it isnt showing partitions, its most likely dead.

my dad is a manager for samsung and he says thats a usb device they use in the manufacturing centers to set up the firmware for televisions. usually its removed before the unit gets sent out but somebody must've accidentally left one in your TV.

some companies give u a couple of bucks if u mail it back to them so u should check who made ur TV and see if they offer anything like that.
Alright, thanks.
I guess I'll leave this topic open for people to discuss weird USB devices they found in their devices too

Alright, thanks.
I guess I'll leave this topic open for people to discuss weird USB devices they found in their devices too
I once found a microSD card in my ear, does that count?

sticking a random usb in your computer is like shoving a needle you found on the ground in your arm

sticking a random usb in your computer is like shoving a needle you found on the ground in your arm
This

you just gave your computer aids congrats

to be fair I don't think inside a TV would be the first place someone looking to spread malware would put a USB drive