[ Hosting ] Base Raiders Plus

Author Topic: [ Hosting ] Base Raiders Plus  (Read 3744 times)

Now, I know what you're thinking.. 'come on, another base raiders stufffest??'. Now, before you go saying that,
 I'd like you to feast your eyes upon the map we've been working hard on. We specifically made it to not have a single central OP base, and actually have some balance. There are multiple fairly powerful places, which allows for rivaling gangs and not a single overpowering gang. Also, we have a lot more stuff than the original Base Raiders gamemode, which I'll go into a bit later on in here. So, now that that's out of the way:

What is Base Raiders?
  • Base raiders in a gamemode in which players can create or join gangs, and fight for the power to become the best. Contrary to common belief, there is more to the gamemode than JUST SITTING IN A H*CKING BASE AND NOT DOING ANYTHING. You're actually supposed to RAID BASES, and not BE A pusillanimous individual BITCH SITTING IN A stuffHOLE FOR HOURS. That said, don't get all triggered when / if you get raided.
  • How this gamemode works, is that for every player that is spawned on the server, there is some amount of power that gets added to the server( generally 8 power per player in the minigame ), and with this power, you plant Printers which print money. Printer speed, price, and required power varies on the printer, and the type of printer varies. Some printers don't even need power.

So.. what makes this base raiders PLUS?
Well, I'll just let this Features section do the talking.

FEATURES

MORE PRINTERS
Damn right we've got more printers.
How else you gonna make
that SWEET MONEEYY

MANUALS: (requires you to click)
Basic Manual | $100 | 17 Second Print Time
Lesser Manual | $300 | 13 Second Print Time
Greater Manual | $800 | 7 Second Print Time
Handcranked Press | $2,000 | 2 Second Print Time
AUTOMATICS:
Basic | $200 | 21/s Print Time | 2 Power
Lesser Advanced | $400 | 15/s Print Time | 4 Power
Greater Advanced | $1k | 5/s Print Time | 12 Power
Press Mk1 | $2,400 | 2.2/s Print Time | 24 Power
Press Mk2 | $5,000 | 1.3/s Print Time | 32 Power
Quantum Press | $14k | 0.5/s Print Time | 64 Power

MORE GUNS
NO stuff MORE GUNS
And, yeah there are other
non-gun items as well...

GUNS:
Pistol - $550 | Revolver - $1,200
Mac10 - $1,300 | Ar15 - $1,800
Sniper - $2,500 | M60 - $3,300
Shotgun - $3,500 | Flare Gun - $400
Guna Tetraikimbo - $20,000 | Ryno-V - $50,000
Big Rocket - $60,000 | Ion Cannon - $100,000
MELEE:
Baseball Bat - $75 | Tire Iron - $100
Machete - $300 | Butterfly Knife - $300
THROWABLES / ONE TIME USES:
Throwing Knife - $150 | C4 Explosive - $2,000
Sentry - $5,000 | Medpack - $150
Frag Grenade - $650 | Flash Grenade - $300
OTHER:
Climbing Pick - $300 | Hookshot - $5,000
Blood Paint Spray - $50 | Clean Spray - $25

MORE BARRICADES
Need more barricades for more printers!
Each type of a brick has 5
different strength multipliers.

MULTIPLIERS:
Crude | 3× Strength Multiplier
Scrap | 4× Strength Multiplier
Brick | 5× Strength Multiplier
Concrete | 6× Strength Multiplier
Refined | 7× Strength Multiplier
BRICK TYPES:
( Prices from lowest to highest strength )
Castle Wall | $80 , $160 , $240 , $320 , $400
Window | $80 , $100 , $180 , $240 , $320
Lattice | $100 , $180 , $240 , $320 , $400
Fence | $80 , $130 , $180 , $230 , $280
4x4 Plate | $80 , $130 , $180 , $230 , $280
1x6x6 Wall | $120 , $200 , $280 , $360 , $420
1x8x9 Wall | $120 , $200 , $280 , $360 , $420
QUANTUM BARRICADES:
Quantum Barrier | $640 | 12× Strength Multiplier

This took me a few hours to put together with gathering information and all

DAMN THAT'S A LOT OF NEW stuff! JUST SHOW ME THE BUILD ALREADY!!11!1
No problem, friendo. No problem...

GALLERY

stuff YO! A NEW BUILD THAT'S MADE FOR BASE RAIDERS AND NOT A stuffTY DEFAULT SLAYER MAP, OR DEFAULT AFGHANISTAN LIKE MAP, AND AN ALTERED GAMEMODE WITH A BUNCH OF NEW stuff?? LET ME GET IN ON THAT brother
Lucky for you, this server will be hosted dedicated( unless we need to fix / add stuff ) for however long the server is popular.

Server Credits ( in no particular order ):
DragonoidSlayer - 29131
BlockKing124 -    42524
Heck - 31158
Hydrak - 168002
Bluesax - 79246
Count - 11426
The Brighter Dark - 2227
Chill - 30139
Buddy - 28116
LeBron King James - 48832
Xenos the Red - 22387
c[_] - 40725

If you happen to have helped, but are not listed, PLEASE TELL ME. My memory is not perfect, so I know that I forgot a few people.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:52:01 PM by Dragonoid.Slayer »

UPDATES:

6/19/2017
3 Additions / changes

#1. Map Secured | Earlier today there
were a few stinkers that found their way
out of the map. As of now, it should be a
lot more difficult to get out of the map,
as we've added kill bricks everywhere outside
#2. Prices added to names of Bricks and
Items
| As simple as it sounds.
Bricks and Items now have their price
next to their original name.
#3. We've buffed the map a bit. | A few
buildings are now more usable,
and the invisible barriers that
used to be at the top of the map
are now gone.
6/21/2017
2 Additions / changes

#1. Map Secured Part 2. | Forgot to
add lava under the map. There is now lava.
#2. Shields Removed, Ion Cannon
more expencive
| Not much do it.
Shields are way too OP, and Ion
cannon is still really OP.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:55:11 PM by Dragonoid.Slayer »

I saw this being built two days ago, can't wait to see how good it plays.

Ok, so there were some Auth issues with the server a few hours ago. I wasn't at my computer so I could not get server back up until now. Should not happen again yall!
We're back up

levelling the base potential to about even between multiple bases wont actually fix the perceived problem of one gang holding all the printers since people raid for printers and not good real estate. similarly, poverty gangs trying to kill the dominant gangs printers wont actually form bases because they have nothing to defend unless there is an expected mass printer death, but that reappropriation of power will just lead to the same one base and many urchins scenario. holing up is actually encouraged by the addition of more expensive printers and barriers once dominance is firmly established as they only benefit the rich. more expensive printers use more per power brick and expensive barricades allow more efficient blocking of key chokepoints per brick of space used, both of which are critically important to defending a base, which is again a habit of the rich alone. expect the inevitable centralization of printers and a more thorough domination by one group than previous servers if enough players are retained for that to happen

side note: i am assuming all other settings which would impact wealth diatribution (buildfight cycle, money given per pass of the cycle, max cash storage per player, ect) remains the same as previous base raiders
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:13:13 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

tl;dr for the server: farm-topia for printers and abusive admins

Snip
How would you suggest going about fixing this problem of overpowering gangs? I thought that the map would help combat overpowering gangs, but obviously it can't stop it. What minigame settings do you think would prevent overpowering gangs?

tl;dr for the server: farm-topia for printers and abusive admins
Care to explain the abusive admins part??

How would you suggest going about fixing this problem of overpowering gangs? I thought that the map would help combat overpowering gangs, but obviously it can't stop it. What minigame settings do you think would prevent overpowering gangs?
Care to explain the abusive admins part??
i have in part
youd presumably have to forget around with the printer percent needed and time to win and stuff to get it actually working. as for doing it without code you really cant.

at its core base raiders rewards building up power by making the power holders stronger than everyone else. this disparity is inherent and intentional and getting on top of the heap is the reason everyone plays. an unfortunate consequence of that is trying to level the wealth gap means base raiders loses its flavor. simply making players get more money per tick or making all the guns cheap as hell or whatever removes that climb in power and ruins the game in an entirely seperate fashion. the only fix is resetting everything once one group is unceasingly dominant for a large amount of time which may be out of reach of editing minigame settings assuming you are just loving with slayer and changing some values in the code. presumably you can do this manually but id warn players about regular resets and have votes and stuff before you pull the trigger
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 04:27:05 AM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

base raiders' fatal flaw is the ability to form gangs and pick and choose members. there's always going to be a solid 15% of the server that understands how to play the game as best as possible, and those 15% will always team up for their own sake. Once that happens, they will usually control the majority of the wealth. The other 85% are either too new or too unskilled to actually organize into a collective and instead just attack each other for the petty $50.

normal gamemodes will utilize team balancing, swapping and randomization to ensure that there is a healthy mix of experienced and inexperienced players on both teams so that one is not better than the other. even in games like MM, everything is completely randomized so good players will have to adjust to their situation and overcome the challenges of working with new and inexperienced users. in base raiders, that challenge is eliminated as you can just choose the best players and band together and run the game uncontested.

Balance god You to the rescue. That solution won't fix anything though, it's no different than one host hosting one day and then the other day someone else. Money isn't transferred, nothing is saved, game is still very easy to take control of if played well.

Can agree that this is issue though. Only real fix would be to make random gangs and then new people joining would add people to those random gangs. Would actually be neat to play.

OT:
Very nice build and system, nice to see someone putting effort into BR again.

youd presumably have to forget around with the printer percent needed and time to win and stuff to get it actually working. as for doing it without code you really cant.

at its core base raiders rewards building up power by making the power holders stronger than everyone else. this disparity is inherent and intentional and getting on top of the heap is the reason everyone plays. an unfortunate consequence of that is trying to level the wealth gap means base raiders loses its flavor. simply making players get more money per tick or making all the guns cheap as hell or whatever removes that climb in power and ruins the game in an entirely seperate fashion. the only fix is resetting everything once one group is unceasingly dominant for a large amount of time which may be out of reach of editing minigame settings assuming you are just loving with slayer and changing some values in the code. presumably you can do this manually but id warn players about regular resets and have votes and stuff before you pull the trigger
I just got an idea, which is similar to your idea. How about, the server will completely reset every so hours, and claim the top 3 gangs with the most power, and claim the top 3 players with the most money. Players and gangs will not keep their money when they reset, but they will be able to buy cosmetics like Gang name colors, gang name fonts, hats, trails, gold versions of weapons, etc. This way, a single overpowering gang will not be able to rise to power once and that's the end of it, they will lose everything every so hours, but will always keep some sort of Tokens or currency for being at the top. For example, when the server completely resets the top gang and all of it's members will get 5 tokes, 2nd gang and all of it's members 4 tokens, and 3rd place gang 3 token. The top 3 players same amount of tokens for their placing. Everybody that joined the server for that current round of Base Raiders would also gain 1 Token.

Damn, that's not a bad idea. Thoughts anybody??

Balance god You to the rescue. That solution won't fix anything though, it's no different than one host hosting one day and then the other day someone else. Money isn't transferred, nothing is saved, game is still very easy to take control of if played well.

OT:
Very nice build and system, nice to see someone putting effort into BR again.
base raiders is not designed for long term money accumulation. the amount of things to purchase over 5k is miniscule for this reason. the economy is designed to continually drain money from all participants by forcing them to purchase expensive and temporary things (barricades, weapons) to win. if a gang is actively accumulating a surplus, they are the current eternal hegemons because they are not constantly being pressured into spending money on walls/printers/guns. i am aware that the changes i propose would not change the ease of which power is accumulated and that is the goal. trim the unnecessary and tedious parts while maintaining the core game
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:33:59 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

I just got an idea, which is similar to your idea. How about, the server will completely reset every so hours, and claim the top 3 gangs with the most power, and claim the top 3 players with the most money. Players and gangs will not keep their money when they reset, but they will be able to buy cosmetics like Gang name colors, gang name fonts, hats, trails, gold versions of weapons, etc. This way, a single overpowering gang will not be able to rise to power once and that's the end of it, they will lose everything every so hours, but will always keep some sort of Tokens or currency for being at the top. For example, when the server completely resets the top gang and all of it's members will get 5 tokes, 2nd gang and all of it's members 4 tokens, and 3rd place gang 3 token. The top 3 players same amount of tokens for their placing. Everybody that joined the server for that current round of Base Raiders would also gain 1 Token.

Damn, that's not a bad idea. Thoughts anybody??
an hour+ is a ridiculous period of time. players would not be in the server to see their victories or would join late and have to go through the egregious process of waiting out the timer so they can have a shot at winning. power and money are poor ways to calculate victory under this system; power is too volatile to be a worthy measure of success after such a significant amount of time and money encourages people to afk in the spawn once sufficient cash is reached. additionally, a timer that resets independent of player action has potential to ruin the few moments of relatively even warfare that do emerge if the game chances on ending during a scuffle for power.

ive got no problem with cosmetic rewards but youd presumably have to adjust token earning criteria depending on what system you end up doing