Author Topic: Connection issues on a server I was able to get on before.  (Read 2903 times)

I've been assisting my friend in a project for a few days, no issues whatsoever. Today, while I'm out somewhere, I open up a Surface tablet and try to connect to his WIP. Instead of connecting, it just sits idle with this "Connecting to IP ADDRESS with password." prompt. I tell him the internet is probably different, and wait until I get home. There, I go on my desktop computer (The Surface is now at someone else's house), and try to connect, believing it will have no issues.
But then, I'm presented with the same thing.

I have had this issue before on his other servers, many times in the past. It wouldn't go away sometimes, either. It'd be a week, or a few days before I try again out of curiosity, and it actually works. But right now, I'd really like to be there.
His location compared to mine is pretty far, if that effects anything. Alaska & Pennsylvania.

try rebooting both computers/routers
that might help

He is currently in the process of checking whether or not he has port forwarded (if that will make any difference).
Once he's done, if that doesn't help, I'll advise that and do it myself.

[Edit]
He port forwarded and I am still unable to connect, resetting them now.

A couple people have tried connecting to servers listed with "---" ping and had the same results as you. I think this happens often during summer time, as I remember having the problem last year as well, and the year before that.

Did the router / computer reset help?

Make sure your router is allowing all traffic.

Try setting the DMZ server to your local ip

Make sure the IP did not change for the port forward, it looks like it possibly happened

I have also been experiencing the same issues as described.

My server used to be working, port-forwarded and everything.
Then one day, it goes kaput.

Quite a few people are experiencing this today, Dux_Eligos can't connect to his own server, and no one is capable of connecting to mine.
I think there is an issue with the master server.

Quite a few people are experiencing this today, Dux_Eligos can't connect to his own server, and no one is capable of connecting to mine.
I think there is an issue with the master server.
Doubt it. I have a NetGear router and it's port forwarded with my server with a stable ping, works fine.

I have no clue why you guys are experiencing these problems, make sure the router is actually port forwarding the port and not using UPnP (since that doesn't always work correctly)

I've port-forwarded and reset my router/pc multiple times; to no avail. I can't connect to 90% of the blockland servers let alone my own server hosted with a 2nd key via dedicated console on the same PC. So yea, definitely on Blockland's side of things, as for who it affects I am not sure if affects everyone. but most servers except for roughly 5-8 are with --- ping.

I can't connect to 90% of the blockland servers
is anybody else able to connect to them?
it may just be that they're incorrectly set up and nobody can join them

own server hosted with a 2nd key via dedicated console on the same PC
how are you trying to connect?
pretty sure normally in that case you'd use LAN or the local IP

A few friends of mine are having the same issue regarding majority of servers, though it never used to show this many with --- ping. as for connecting, I am using a steam key to play and a non steam to host the server online, so I am connecting through internet... have done this for over a year now and only twice have I had issues. this is the first time it has been this bad though.

and before you say anything about "try connecting through LAN" I have, same exact issue comes up.

is anybody else able to connect to them?
it may just be that they're incorrectly set up and nobody can join them
how are you trying to connect?
pretty sure normally in that case you'd use LAN or the local IP
I've had practically everyone on my friends list try.