Philadelphia's new LGBT flag adds black and brown stripe to include the colored

Author Topic: Philadelphia's new LGBT flag adds black and brown stripe to include the colored  (Read 6672 times)

im black and white and i think this needs a white stripe on it
and white people can't do anything w/o making it about other people

Dude can you shut the forget up

cigarettes RUINED the rainboe >:-(

this is really just a side-effect of how the political spectrum is polarizing itself tbh
unrelated groups showing solidarity because of a single supposed 'common' trait

Everyone in favor of the flag change keeps saying this, despite it not being true. The change is a useless, hollow sentiment that helps nobody.
Just because it's just a symbolic change doesn't mean it has no value

Just because it's just a symbolic change doesn't mean it has no value

It has no cultural value because the culture doesn't need nor asked for this in their icon. If there's any racial issues within the LGBTQ+ community, this is not the first step to take to change that.

This is stupid. You know why it doesn't include white and black? It's not about a certain race, it's about a loveuality. If they're putting black and brown they better put every single other race color too.

i just want to see all cigarettes killed is that too much to ask O_o

i wish omar mateen was still alive. i don't want to live in a world without him

If they're putting black and brown they better put every single other race color too.

or they shouldn't put race in anything such as lgbt at all cause it has nothing to do with it

youre basically questioning the whole philosophy of intersectionality - the addition of stripes based on race is done as a tacit show of support against racism in the LGBT community

white people aren't excluded in LGBT spaces based on their race so no it's not tribal
sure showing support to possibly discriminated minorities in lgbt is an all-around good thing to do, but this is very much the wrong way to go about and do it---this shows support only in spirit and reallybthe only people that care about it are those against it, along with people who think that doing this actually does anything apart from provoking anti-lgbt and/or anti-black people against them

what im getting at is that if you want to show support to something, don't just say "black lgbt matters too" and slap them on something official, actually do something and don't change what's already working beautifully for the vast majority. doing this doesn't help in any good form, in fact it's quite the contrary

i just want to see all cigarettes killed is that too much to ask O_o
came here to say this

sure showing support to possibly discriminated minorities in lgbt is an all-around good thing to do, but this is very much the wrong way to go about and do it---this shows support only in spirit and reallybthe only people that care about it are those against it, along with people who think that doing this actually does anything apart from provoking anti-lgbt and/or anti-black people against them

what im getting at is that if you want to show support to something, don't just say "black lgbt matters too" and slap them on something official, actually do something and don't change what's already working beautifully for the vast majority. doing this doesn't help in any good form, in fact it's quite the contrary
it seems like everyone is just supposing that no lgbt/black/both people care about this

< "it takes all colors to make a rainbow."
< "except black. there's no black in a rainbow."
< self-reminder that there's no white in a rainbow either.