Help Taya find good games for her GPD Win

Author Topic: Help Taya find good games for her GPD Win  (Read 1646 times)

I recently aquired a gaming handheld that functions as a windows 10 laptop. This opens up a wide variety of options for gaming since I don't have much time to use my desktop anymore. I do however find myself on long flights and just hours of a whole lot of nothing. I figured I'd look to the community here for any good games I'm missing out on. I'm looking for games that are friendly with weaker end gaming hardware but incredibly engaging. This can include platformers or older titles. This device comes with a built in gamepad with dinput and xinput support. So any games with controller support is a bonus. (even if the game doesn't have controller support, I can use software to fix that)

I'll go ahead and include a list of what I already have or that i'm already looking at getting.

What I already have:

Bastion

Beat Hazard

Binding of Isaac

Cave Story +

Project Zomboid

Terraria

Worms Reloaded

ARES

Castle Crashers

Cortex Command

Crypt of the Necrodancer

Pixel Piracy

Rogue Legacy

Steamworld Dig

Starbound

Teleglitch

Transistor

Motherload Goldium Edition (non-steam)

Super Motherload

List of games that I'm eyeballing (If you've played any of these and had a positive experience, do let me know and i'll probably end up buying it for this steam sale):

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Teslaandtom/wishlist

I'm going to be without internet for a while so I need to stock as much entertainment into this thing as I can. If you can recommend any gems, even if its not on steam, i'll most certainly look into it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 01:23:44 AM by Tayasaurus »

checked through your wishlist;
stardew valley is a good game with a lot of playtime if you like farming simulators, there's also a mini dungeon crawler kind of game in there so it isn't just farming and talking to npcs.
OneShot is a game you can only really play once or twice, but the experience is amazing for the current sale price. don't read too much into it or you'll spoil yourself.
kerbal space program may not work on that machine, would help if we had system specs to find out what will run.

checked through your wishlist;
stardew valley is a good game with a lot of playtime if you like farming simulators, there's also a mini dungeon crawler kind of game in there so it isn't just farming and talking to npcs.
OneShot is a game you can only really play once or twice, but the experience is amazing for the current sale price. don't read too much into it or you'll spoil yourself.
kerbal space program may not work on that machine, would help if we had system specs to find out what will run.

Intel Cherry Trail X7-Z8750 Quad Core 1.6GHz, up to 2.56GHz

Intel HD Graphics 405 GPU

4GB LPDDR3 RAM for Advanced Multitasking

128gb storage

stardew valley, mark of the ninja, sega mega drive and genesis classics, luftrausers, paper's, please and risk of rain are all good lower end games

Spacecats With Lasers: the Outerspace

Cladun x2

Salt and Sanctuary

http://store.steampowered.com/app/411960/TY_the_Tasmanian_Tiger/

pc release/hd remaster of ty the tasmanian tiger
platforming collectathon that was originally released in like 2002 or so
it's pretty fun and runs well (30fps steady) at literal lowest settings on my absolute garbage computer
native controller support, i believe

"her"
"torin²"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/411960/TY_the_Tasmanian_Tiger/

pc release/hd remaster of ty the tasmanian tiger
platforming collectathon that was originally released in like 2002 or so
it's pretty fun and runs well (30fps steady) at literal lowest settings on my absolute garbage computer
native controller support, i believe
This looks very intruiging. I hadn't played a collectathon since Donkey Kong 64.

Psychonauts is a damn well solid platformer with some wonderful writing and design. It's also an oldass non-demanding game that should run fine on the Win and it's on sale for a literal dollar right now which is just all the more reason to get it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/278360/A_Story_About_My_Uncle/
this is a really fun platformer that's about having a grappling hook and high jumps
you're this kid who goes looking for his uncle and finds his suit and gets sent to a really weird world
it doesnt really have a lot of hours in the story but its like 2 dollars for the sale and theres also a time trial-ish mode
it also runs well off of my sub-par PC
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 07:02:09 PM by Mad Hops Disease »