Jorgur's RPG

Author Topic: Jorgur's RPG  (Read 5751 times)

Jorgur's RPG was a Medieval RPG hosted two times over the years prior to V21, with an alpha version and a beta version. Many can agree these were some of the best RPGs to ever be made, and I've taken a shot at remaking his beta version.

Players would start with absolutely nothing, and would choose a class being Fighter, Archer, or Mage, and embark into the world. They could mine for money or fight enemies to gain EXP and level up. They'd spend stat points into specific categories to better match their playstyle. There were large dungeons and bosses to conquer, with the overall goal being to kill the Red Dragon.

Along with the main goal of killing the Dragon, there was a creative aspect in that established players were able to make their own 'guilds' and build directly onto the map, inviting friends and having guild wars against enemies.

I plan to include all of these features, as well as some new aspects such as Quests, Raids, and Server Events.

So, the map is done and the mod works for the most part. There are just a few things I could really use an experienced coder on to perfect some features. PM or leave message here if you'd be interested in helping with that, thanks!

To-Do:
-Minor additions to map
-Higher tier shop brick
-Add monsters, quests
-Decide on quest restrictions
-More signs
-More optimizations
-Find a host for when done cause my internet is dog star fish

If you have any suggestions or criticisms, feel free to point them out as well.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 02:39:04 PM by Blockhead31735 »

i remember me and a few friends traveling far on horss to find the dragon, when we finally did we got rekt but it was worth it

i remember me and a few friends traveling far on horss to find the dragon, when we finally did we got rekt but it was worth it

forget that dragon

i would always ambush people at the inn lol

wow i remember this from a long time ago. Hope you can finish it soon.

Perhaps the most legendary rpg, glad to see there's an effort to revive it

I wish i joined before v21 just to experience this

wasted so much time on that server. the good old days

very nice! i built olddddd houses on it :P

This is nice, now I just want to see a new version of Gamefandans ultimate monster RPG. Not an exact copy of it, but something new that uses a similar system as his, where you can get seemingly infinitely powerful.

I used to forever try to get over that bridge near the start lmao, can't wait to play this again

Happy for all the positive responses so far :)

Am hosting rn doing some minor additions to map if anyone would like to check it out or see how the actual rpg works, though nothing will be saved when I host a real test sometime next week.

Thanks guys!

do u have the ogre playertype

do u have the ogre playertype

No ;'(
Am trying to get ahold of it, thought I had it but guess not.
Only people I know that have it would be Jorgur and Hydra themselves, though I have a suspicion it might also be in the newest version of the mod, though think Jorgur is the only person with that, too.

Current To-Do List.
More important stuff at the top, * are possibilities.
Had a very productive work day, figured out how Ores worked and fixed them. Also think I know how to fix shops and add stuff to them.

Am clueless for making a client event that would grant Gold and EXP though, that is the main roadblock. Help, someone? ;o

As can be seen biggest hurdles are RPG related stuff, though I'd like to add a bit more to the map. It is finished in comparison to the beta version of the original, though there were a couple areas towards the end of its hosting such as desert and fields past the Dragon. Might add those to the build. Does anyone have any pictures of the RPG of areas that I could use for reference on things?