1982 Yamaha SR250, no vin number, title, or bill of sale, what do

Author Topic: 1982 Yamaha SR250, no vin number, title, or bill of sale, what do  (Read 2112 times)

so i was looking for a first motorcycle on craigslist and i found a 1982 yamaha sr250, flat black, $650, called him, asked a few questions, and bought it, after trying to get a Bill of sale after buying it, i got no reply so far, so i went for the next best thing, a builders title, but to get one of those, i would have to get the vin number, and unfortunately because of the age of this bike, the vin was worn off of it, so im practically stuck with what is most likely a stolen motorcycle, is there anything i can do to get the title or get the vin from the frame and engine numbers?

walk away from this one bro

well i mean you could do the exact same thing he did to pass it on to another poor stranger

unfortunately because of the age of this bike, the vin was worn off of it
funny way to say 'removed with a steel file'

well i mean you could do the exact same thing he did to pass it on to another poor stranger

why is it that every time you show up here you make a topic for some handicapped question

to answer your question itd say
walk away from this one bro
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 05:50:15 PM by torin² »

why the forget didn't you ask him if it had a title or anything? that's the #1 most important thing. it is probably stolen and if you're caught with it you might be arrested if it was reported stolen.

my first thought was to sell it, especially after i found the vin worn off

what did the ad say about the title? missing?

if it's missing then don't buy it moron. you should've asked about it and it's on you now.

what did the ad say about the title? missing?

if it's missing then don't buy it moron. you should've asked about it and it's on you now.
the ad said missing, i know, its on me, and im pretty much forgeted without the vin

you might not be able to sell it again if there's no title or anything. they wouldn't pay half of what you want if it's that much of a hassle to get a title.

you should probably consult the blockland forums before you do anything anymore because every time you come here with a problem it's always after you've forgeted up

Well since you didn't have a VIN in the first place, you should've used better judgement and not bought the bike in the first place.

Y'know at this rate I'm inclined to believe that OP is actually just full of stuff and he's making these threads up for attention. Nobody is this stupid.

go to a relatively remote place where you couldnt start a forest fire, pour some gasoline cans on it, and burn it