The Height of a Blockhead

Author Topic: The Height of a Blockhead  (Read 2522 times)

Have you ever wanted to know the height of a Blockhead? Well, thanks to this topic, you can! (And with help from the static-shapes map Bedroom)

The (Very Unorganized) SCIENCE!:
My first thought of figuring this out was: "what is an object with a standard height in one of the Blockland maps?" My first thought was the door in The Bedroom, to which I looked up the height for the standard American door (80 inches [203.2 cm]) and confirmed it with my own door. But the I realized, this door in The Bedroom is really forgeted up with there being no gaps on the top or bottom. So, I instead added the combined height of both the gaps on my Standard American Door™ to get: about 82.625 inches (209.8675 centimeters for the unamerican.)
Thanks to figuring that out, all I have to do is spawn a stuff-ton of bots one on top of the other next to the door, resulting in several crashes and an angered me. Instead, I chose to stack blocks leading up to the number of: 191.6666... bricks in height. A Blockhead is 4.3333... blocks high but a Blockhead's hitbox is 4.6666... blocks high, hence why there are two answers in the answer section. All I have to do now is divide the total brick height with the height of a Blockhead, and divide those two numbers into the inches to get...

The ANSWER!:
For a Blockhead:
~1.868043478260 inches
~4.7448304347804 centimeters

For a Blockhead's hitbox:
~2.011739130434783 inches
~5.1098173913043485328 centimeters

The AFTERWORD!:
If you find error in my ways, please tell me and I'll attempt to fix it. Also, give criticism on anything you can find that can be criticized.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:57:18 PM by Chris72003 »

you do know this is a lego game and bedroom is really blocky in design so it could just be a massive construction of legos
and if a blockhead's hitbox is .2 inches longer than the blockhead something needs to be fixed

and if a blockhead's hitbox is .2 inches longer than the blockhead something needs to be fixed
You have never seen how big the hit boxes are?

You have never seen how big the hit boxes are?
I have, but i thought it was a bit smaller since hit boxes are like slightly bigger but not that much bigger

I have, but i thought it was a bit smaller since hit boxes are like slightly bigger but not that much bigger
0.2 inch difference really isn't that large

Either way the math seems a little weird, but neato to think about it

~2.011739130434783 inches
~5.1098173913043485328 centimeters

wow finally something i can compare the length of my snake to!

easiest way to determine this would be to just assume that blockland bricks are equivalent to lego bricks. a lego stud is 8x8x3.2 mm, and a blockland stud is 0.5x0.5x0.2 TU. in this case, the conversion from TU to mm is 1:16. the bounding box for the default player model is 10.6TU tall, meaning it would be 169.6mm tall in the Real Boy's World i don't think bounding box is the right number to use here, iirc a player is 5 bricks tall, which translates to 3TU, which would instead be 48mm (edit: based on numbers in OP, it'd be 41.6mm or 44.8mm)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:59:29 PM by otto-san »

snip
Don't worry, sometimes the model is bigger than the hitbox ;-}
snip
yeah the Bedroom is quite disproportionate but definitely not made of bricks itself.
Also that hitbox should be fixed
snip
you know how I am, I gotta use

I just assumed that a blockhead if we wanted to use them as people, they would all be average height. Looking it up it rounds to 1.8 meters

I always thought a Blockhead would be about that tall.

that hitbox should've been fixed since 2007 lmao

But thats just a theory
Wow OP so much thought went into this.

I will cherish this information, thank you Op

easiest way to determine this would be to just assume that blockland bricks are equivalent to lego bricks. a lego stud is 8x8x3.2 mm, and a blockland stud is 0.5x0.5x0.2 TU. in this case, the conversion from TU to mm is 1:16. the bounding box for the default player model is 10.6TU tall, meaning it would be 169.6mm tall in the Real Boy's World i don't think bounding box is the right number to use here, iirc a player is 5 bricks tall, which translates to 3TU, which would instead be 48mm (edit: based on numbers in OP, it'd be 41.6mm or 44.8mm)
a blockhead is 4 bricks tall i think unless im a wrong little forget

you do know this is a lego game and bedroom is really blocky in design so it could just be a massive construction of legos
It accounts for the 'headup' animation, which makes the blockhead's head go higher when you wear the cape, backpack, scuba gear, etc.