Checkpoints?

Author Topic: Checkpoints?  (Read 1447 times)

Ey, me again. Another problem with the campaign. Is there a way to make checkpoints? You know, so that when the player dies, (which I forsee a lot of) they won't have to spawn all the way back at the beginning of the map? I downlaoded these checkpoint events and set a brick to be a checkpoint, but it doesn't work. At all. I remember an actual brick add-on called checkpoint bricks that I remember using years ago, but it seems to have vanished off the face of the internet. Any ideas on how to go about this? I'll keep experimenting, but I'd appreciate some help. Things are getting pretty fun for the campaign.

P.S: If I created and implemented a music file from a newly released game and released this game mode with said music in it as an ogg that plays during it, would I get sued or something? Even if I BOUGHT the music for download?

There is a checkpoint brick that is included in the game by default. It looks like a spawn brick, but with a white triangle on the base instead of a black one.

There is a checkpoint brick that is included in the game by default. It looks like a spawn brick, but with a white triangle on the base instead of a black one.

Eyeeeeeaaahhh...I literally just saw that. l-( Sorry. Problem fixed. BUT....about the whole music thing? Would that be legal? Cause it sounds awesome and if I could get it in there without getting sued, that would cool.

Eyeeeeeaaahhh...I literally just saw that. l-( Sorry. Problem fixed. BUT....about the whole music thing? Would that be legal? Cause it sounds awesome and if I could get it in there without getting sued, that would cool.
You can, the loop just can't be above 30 seconds I believe.

You won't be sued. The chances of some song artist finding blockland and getting mad enough to sue you is INSANELY small, like less than 0.01%. Don't worry about it

You can, the loop just can't be above 30 seconds I believe.
another limitation is 1mb, but its really easy to bypass both limitations.

another limitation is 1mb, but its really easy to bypass both limitations.
Yeah, like with that large_music-file add-on. I've implemented entire songs to enhance the gameplay. XD