Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 232253 times)

Will brick rotation feature an option to topple bricks attached if it's rotated past a certain angle? Such if an incline would go past 45 deg or so anything built on top would slide or topple.

man it's good to see that gsf kept going all these months despite many not taking this legitimately. now the threads  posts aren't clustered with every startup game idea barrier: doubt

Send the National Guard.

It would be funny if this game came with remakes of your blockland maps. Like Mike's House and Bad Dream.

i still own claims for the first actual house ingame

There should be a feature where you can plant bricks diagnolly.

The player model reminds me of Blockland 2006 Beta PlayerModel.

one of those pictures is clearly showing mike's house 2

one of those pictures is clearly showing mike's house 2
Yes sir, I was working on a remake of Mike's House at one time. =)

Not much to report on regarding Block Party as of late. Right now, I'm working on a couple minor projects to help fund BP, as well as experimenting with mixed (both baked and realtime) lighting. I've also picked up a couple other techniques, which will be included in BP. Development will still resume off and on.

Oh whew I thought this was dead. How’s the lighting so far?

Oh whew I thought this was dead. How’s the lighting so far?
It's still in development, no worries. Although things will move along slowly for awhile, as I'm balancing a couple projects currently.

This is a quick example of baked lighting, using lower-end settings; I'll be making improvements to the lighting quality and the map itself over time:

Also added realtime screen space reflections for some of the materials, such as the flooring.

I like the style. I hope there's lots of secrets to discover in these maps. One thing I've been wondering is this; Will it have a service similar to RTB? Like uploading add-ons and downloading them through the client. If so, please make it so we don't need to restart the game to be able to use the add-ons.

I like the style. I hope there's lots of secrets to discover in these maps. One thing I've been wondering is this; Will it have a service similar to RTB? Like uploading add-ons and downloading them through the client. If so, please make it so we don't need to restart the game to be able to use the add-ons.
I imagine if this game gets release commercially, it'll be through Steam, which has the workshop. Making add-ons work without restarting the game is a different story though. Might not be too hard because Unity, but I don't have enough experience with the engine to know for sure.

I imagine if this game gets release commercially, it'll be through Steam, which has the workshop. Making add-ons work without restarting the game is a different story though. Might not be too hard because Unity, but I don't have enough experience with the engine to know for sure.
Eventually I would like to add an RTB-like add-on hosting service. Although, I don't know if it will be included at launched. Steam Workshop is an option to look into as well.

Impressive demo builds recently uploaded on Discord: