Author Topic: mediafire now blocks you out when using an adblocker  (Read 11319 times)

so not only do they use horrible amounts of ads, they also blatantly lie

if you have not stopped using mediafire, do it now. stuffty popups and ads that can only be removed via adblock are the worst, and sometimes adblock doesn't even catch them. just move to MEGA or dropbox or anything loving else

time to wait for anti adblock killer to update their userscript
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 05:14:52 AM by The Murderous Cop »

oh no a website with no other source of revenue trying to make revenue from their one source of revenue

oh no a website with no other source of revenue trying to make revenue from their one source of revenue
mediafire has stuffty popup ads that popup every time you download something
it's not advised to use it without adblock

people get angry at a free service part 392521

ad websites pay per view of their ads, so if you block them the website won't be getting enough views to pay out. if they're blocking ad block is probably because they are trying to provide a service that is free to you but costs them money
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 06:51:26 AM by PhantOS »

mediafire has stuffty popup ads that popup every time you download something
it's not advised to use it without adblock

ad websites pay per view of their ads, so if you block them the website won't be getting enough views to pay out. if they're blocking ad block is probably because they are trying to provide a service that is free to you but costs them money
if this free service has malicious and intrusive advertising i'm not going to give them a single view on their ads. when they can fix the problem with intrusive and malicious advertising i'll take my business back there and unblock their ads.

What part of Mediafire using horrible ads went straight through your skull? Whenever I visited a Mediafire link without Adblocker I felt like I was on a shady fourth world anime streaming website that gave me about seven STDs simultaneously and I received a dozen popups despite the browser being configured to block popups.

They also purposefully bump the page about 3 seconds after opening so you accidentally click on the button to learn more about whatever paid subscription service they offer.

posted an issue on anti adblock killer's github

recommending the userscript/adblock filter to any sane person

What part of Mediafire using horrible ads went straight through your skull?
what part of they're a free service went straight through your skull? they don't pick and choose which ads they think leetzero or murderous cop will like and dont like, they pick the ads that will pay them for views. there's absolutely no way for them to remain ad free unless they have a source of income, and if they're using ads it means their premium account stuff isn't paying out well enough.

saying its mediafire's fault for having ads you don't like or find malicious is pretty autistic. it's fine if you want to use a different file hosting service but as a free service they are entirely within their rights to use ads and anti-adblocker measures. what should they be doing- planting money trees in their magical backyard?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 07:36:42 AM by PhantOS »

i don't think having ads that give you those fake bluescreens and ask you to call 'microsoft' are ok as ads at all

regardless of what you might think ads that leads to scams and gayass intrusive popups you can't block are not okay

There's a reason most sites don't have those ads. You can use google ads which are never intrusive, or give advertising space to companies directly.

then you might as well boycott any website in existence that uses ads because none of them pick and choose. they literally get a license from a third party ad website that will populate their website with any ads they can find. if you want someone to blame, blame the website providing them with ad revenue. they are the ones that actually choose which ads are displayed or not

There's a reason most sites don't have those ads. You can use google ads which are never intrusive, or give advertising space to companies directly.
"use monopoly ads or you're automatically a bad website"

also no website has the resources to handle specialized advertisement space. that's why they pay for 3rd party services that actually specialize in it
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 07:42:01 AM by PhantOS »

then you might as well boycott any website in existence that uses ads because none of them pick and choose. they literally get a license from a third party ad website that will populate their website with any ads they can find. if you want someone to blame, blame the website providing them with ad revenue. they are the ones that actually choose which ads are displayed or not
No, you just ignored what I said.

then you might as well boycott any website in existence that uses ads because none of them pick and choose

this statement is very false because there are several ad partners, and sites like the cutting room floor rent out friendly non intrusive ads to regularass people