What art styles do you like?

Author Topic: What art styles do you like?  (Read 13472 times)

I like Raygun Gothic/Atompunk, it's basically the 40s-60s idea of the future.

It may ring a bell once I show you this image I found on Google:

The Jetsons, Fallout and Thunderbirds could be considered Atompunk/Raygun Gothic, if you want more examples, visit r/Retrofuturism, it usually focuses more on Atompunk than any other retrofuturistic style.

retrofuturism
ˌrɛtrəʊˈfjuːtʃərɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun
noun: retro-futurism
the use of a style or aesthetic considered futuristic in an earlier era.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 05:00:09 AM by MoleManFromMiddleMars »

^ (Lol)

Visual art is not my forte but I enjoy looking at abstract expressionist and impressionist paintings. They seem conceptually opposed*, but the emphasis on texture and color instead of subject which characterizes both mediums is very powerful to me.

*opposed in the sense that expressionism forces the viewer to feel energy, while impressionism uses lighting to present something fleeting and momentary.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 06:41:43 AM by Mega-Bear »

cel shading is neat
see: jsrf and killer7

Any may
Baroque
Anibaroque

I like futuristic and sci-fi styles, but I like retrofuturism as well.

retro futuristic stuff is cool but cyberpunk dystopias are the coolest settings ever

retro futuristic stuff is cool but cyberpunk dystopias are the coolest settings ever

i completely agree

Dark Souls art is beautiful. The way they design their characters and bosses basically follows a design philosophy where each object is a great and beautiful thing that has lost its luster.

As for cartoons, I'm trying to get my style of drawing people to be a mix of anime and not anime. I can't really detail what it looks like, but it's basically very simplified anime, so none of the huge freaky pupils and the random strands of hair that shoot out the top of people's heads. I particularly like how Trigger draws their people, considering how vibrant and colorful they appear. What I'm aiming for will probably be less anime than that, though.

And it goes without saying that Hirohiko Araki is a goddamn legend.

bruh all araki does now is draw stick men

the overwatch character concept art is good in my eyes