What art styles do you like?

Author Topic: What art styles do you like?  (Read 13188 times)

Nobody else here likes impressionism?? :/
top of the page nilla

hotline miami aesthetic

Impressionism is pretty cool

most of the concept art in the latest fallout games are pretty neat too

mike mignola

yoshihiro tatsumi

katsuhiro otomo

junji ito

juanjo guarnido

james jean

brian bollard

kiyohiko azuma

will eisner

those off the top of my head

Illuminated mstar fishcripts.

Something of my own inspired by illuminated mstar fishcripts:

that loving wall with people shaped holes in it had me forgeted up

Surrealism is my jam. I'm super plebeian about it (my favorite surrealist is only the most popular surrealist ever) but I honestly really enjoy it.

Also I don't know if it counts (architecture is art but this thread is focused on visual art) but I love brutalism.

Surrealism is my jam. I'm super plebeian about it (my favorite surrealist is only the most popular surrealist ever) but I honestly really enjoy it.

Check out Cyriak, he makes surreal animations, they're pretty enjoyable to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/user/cyriak

Brutalism is really neat. Functional architecture can be beautiful

wow alteration all those salvador dali works and you didn't even mention the exploding head?

Unliked.

not apocalyptic but i like the realism

Also I don't know if it counts (architecture is art but this thread is focused on visual art) but I love brutalism.

i've always been polarized when it comes to brutalism. usually the structure is either an uninspired amalgamation of concrete rectangles, or something reminiscent of builder-caste forerunner architecture. although there's a good amount brutalism mixed with contemporary, resulting in buildings like the last image you posted or something like this, which i also like