You're given dev powers for a week

Author Topic: You're given dev powers for a week  (Read 6319 times)

Badspot gives you dev powers for Blockland for a whole week, what do you do with it?

The only rules are:
- You can't revoke a key
- You can't unrevoke keys
- NO dev access to the forums

Well, what would you do?

jack off and leave

I'd add the /jackoff command to default, so I can /jackoff and leave.

add a backdoor so i can get dev powers over the deadline

remove the password from the setShapeName function

Add parts of Support_LegacyDoors Expanded into default legacy doors (probably only the ghost brick fix)

Add the tab shifting brick selector gui addon

Add the resizable brick menu with some edits

Open up more colorset stuff to modders. Being able to mess with the colorset stuff and especially add the ability to add more enteries to the fx list would be nice. There needs to be a water FX option. Perhaps I could also try to optimise the amount of datablocks needed for a large colorset. By doing that, I can increase the maximum colors allowed in a colorset. I'd also want to fix the bug that hides some fx color options if you have a really short colorset.

Probably find some bits I could try to open up or make easier for modders to mess with. (relates to colorset stuff above)

This is all assuming I'd have access to absolutely everything and that I knew what I was doing. If this were to actually happen It'd probably result in a broken mess like my older deathmatch and fastkarts gamemode versions. Also again, I'd be limited to a week.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:58:07 PM by Crispy_ »

Id add in blockland gold memberships too.

remove password for setshapename and make setname on gameconnections accessible outside DSO but must be called within onConnect

add in setJumpForce as a function on player objects to finish off the setMaxSpeed function set

make updater and some server manager addon default (eg rtb control panel, glass pref control panel)

make colorset switching in server menu default (iirc its not)

make the netflags that handle the blue names in top left when typing things accessible outside DSO, and possibly have it also use a string field on the client object instead of the client name directly

if i could, maybe add in some function that lets you have the console ignore certain functions during trace so its overall cleaner

release official default code that doesnt compromise auth system as well as original blender/shaper/whatever files used to animate and model and rig the default player

i guess maybe also add a few more bricks as default, like siba's modter and turnton's plate high ramps or something idk

Pretty much I'd just add a few random brick packs, make a custom colourset feature and in general probably do what Conan and Crisp_ said.

Turn Blockland into spongeland

make threads about it in gen disc, development, and off topic boards so that i know wtf i'm doing
otherwise i'd probably do nothing except some things friends would walk me through

change every item to horse ray

ip ban all thots from blockland