New 2DS XL is pretty good

Author Topic: New 2DS XL is pretty good  (Read 2404 times)

Today I bought the New 2DS XL and so far it's pretty good. I also bought a 64 gb microsd card (had a 32gb sd, but it doesn't take sd) so I can download a bunch of games on it. It works pretty well but all I've tried to play on it is Pokemon Moon. Unlike the other ds iterations, the slot where you insert games can be covered and uncovered, so you won't accidentally eject your game when you throw it across the room in anger when you drop it or something. The MicroSD card slot is also right next to the game slot so it's easy to find and access (however in my opinion fiddling with microsd is a pain in the ass because it's so tiny). I also like that the body of the system isn't glossy like the original 3DS so it won't get covered in extremely visible fingerprints from regular use. Also it's pretty god damn good looking, if you excuse stuffty lighting...

Anyone else bought one yet? How do you like it? If you're on the fence about buying one I can answer questions about it, too. Also, should I buy Kirby Planet Robobot or Ever Oasis first? bought Robobot

Ninjaedit: just saw the nintendo megathread after i posted this, this would fall under that i guess but it didn't exist while i typed this up
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 11:49:16 PM by Brikichu »

Ninjaedit: just saw the nintendo megathread after i posted this, this would fall under that i guess but it didn't exist while i typed this up
I can quote this and put this in the megathread's reserved post if you wish.
then after that, I guess you could lock and dash out this thread...

I can quote this and put this in the megathread's reserved post if you wish.
then after that, I guess you could lock and dash out this thread...

It doesn't really matter, if this thread slides away I'll just make a new post in your megathread myself.

It doesn't really matter, if this thread slides away I'll just make a new post in your megathread myself.
Okay, then.

i really like how the new 2ds looks, actually
i already have a new 3ds xl so i didnt bother (plus i got a switch), but yea, seems really sweet.

I like how they managed to keep it to almost the size of a normal N3DS despite still having the XL screens.

What I'm not too keen on is the price being $150 which is the same price the more featured, less budgeted Mario 3D Land 3DS bundle was a while back. If Nintendo could sell that at that price then the N2DS should've been like $120 imo but $150 is a decent price.

I like how they managed to keep it to almost the size of a normal N3DS despite still having the XL screens.

What I'm not too keen on is the price being $150 which is the same price the more featured, less budgeted Mario 3D Land 3DS bundle was a while back. If Nintendo could sell that at that price then the N2DS should've been like $120 imo but $150 is a decent price.
To be fair, the New 2DS is definitely more featured than the original 3DS was. It's got the c nipple stick, amiibo support, and more power to run newer 3DS games since Nintendo decided to screw og 3DS and og 2DS owners with more demanding games (even Pokemon of all games would have frame drops if there were more than two pokemon on screen). Maybe the price could be justified if they gave more storage space than a measly 4 gigabytes, though.

the design for it looks very slick
it doesnt look like a geeky brick toy like the other 3ds iterations do

Which 3DS model do you think I should get? The 2DS XL or New 3DS? I don't want the 3DS XL, it just seems too big for me. I only really want a New 3DS to play Pokemon Sun/Moon and Superstar Saga so I dunno if it'd even be worth it to upgrade my 3DS
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 11:14:06 PM by Willco2 »

To be fair, the New 2DS is definitely more featured than the original 3DS was. It's got the c nipple stick, amiibo support, and more power to run newer 3DS games since Nintendo decided to screw og 3DS and og 2DS owners with more demanding games (even Pokemon of all games would have frame drops if there were more than two pokemon on screen). Maybe the price could be justified if they gave more storage space than a measly 4 gigabytes, though.
I'm not talking about the original 3DS, sorry that I didn't make that too clear. The Super Mario 3D Land bundle was a New 3DS with the stuff the N2DS XL lacked along with a game pre-installed for the same price.

Which 3DS model do you think I should get? The 2DS XL or New 3DS? I don't want the 3DS XL, it just seems too big for me. I only really want a New 3DS to play Pokemon Sun/Moon and Superstar Saga so I dunno if it'd even be worth it to upgrade my 3DS
New 2DS XL feels more ergonomic to hold than the New 3DS imo, if you're not interested in the 3D gimmick then I'd definitely recommend the 2DS over 3DS; 2DS is slightly bigger than the regular sized New 3DS, but has the screen size of the XL which is nice (still tiny resolution), and both have pretty much the same power so it's worth upgrading to from an older 3DS. Sun and Moon had some massive frame drops on og 3DS when I played, and even X and Y/ORAS had drops too, so it definitely makes a difference.
I'm not talking about the original 3DS, sorry that I didn't make that too clear. The Super Mario 3D Land bundle was a New 3DS with the stuff the N2DS XL lacked along with a game pre-installed for the same price.
Oh, whoops. Yeah, that makes more sense. Maybe 2DS will get some bundles at a good price in the future, a metroid bundle would probably sell like hot-cakes.

looks loving amazing, too bad a regular 2ds is 60$.

looks loving amazing, too bad a regular 2ds is 60$.
this is only 149.99

I like it and I wanted it, but I already have 2 3DS's, I was going to get it for my birthday, but since my birthday was before the release of it, I couldn't get it