1.6 - Counter-Strike in Blockland (need beta testers and vps)

Poll

which gun would you like introduced first?

m4
13 (36.1%)
ak
23 (63.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: 1.6 - Counter-Strike in Blockland (need beta testers and vps)  (Read 18396 times)

no lol
Remember OP dont listen to this loser! Make that karambit and everyone likes u (i'm not flaming torin lol)

Remember OP dont listen to this loser! Make that karambit and everyone likes u (i'm not flaming torin lol)
are you stupid.

there already is a loving knife. it's called a knife. the classic knife. karambit wasn't even in CSS, so, how would it be in this RECREATION of cs 1.6?

are you stupid.

there already is a loving knife. it's called a knife. the classic knife. karambit wasn't even in CSS, so, how would it be in this RECREATION of cs 1.6?
Yes but still it would be cool if he modeled that.

It would also be cool if you got the forget out of this thread. Try doing that.

It would also be cool if you got the forget out of this thread. Try doing that.
calm down father :(

calm down father :(
i disown you son. Get out of my house

i disown you son. Get out of my house
Ok i find a family now

Add Karambit (i know its not in cs 1.6 but it would be cool if you modeled it)
no

back after a break, more updates soon

celau told me to post "forget runtimes" on this thread

celau told me to post "forget runtimes" on this thread
thank you

Mapmaking
How to submit your map:
1 - Choose your gamemode you want to make (defusal, assassination, hostage)
2 - Make the map with the modter bricks and textures (prints)
3 - PM a zip with the save file (and any extra add-ons you used in it) to celau (me) on the forums

Requirements:
- Designated spawn areas for the Ts and CTs
- Plays balanced
- Is finished, with functional gameplay possible, no way to escape the map or break immersion, and no map-breaking glitches
- Defusal: 2 bomb sites
- Hostage: Designated hostage recovery and spawn
- Fits the theme of the server
- Is not too small or large
- Comes with the save file for the map
- Little to no bricks that aren't modter

screenshots

i've been revising areas slowly to make them more appealing to the eye, changing places that looked too simplistic, out of place, or didn't flow well
also adding more ground variety electrk

sorry for the constant posting in a row but i'm just updating this as i go along
originally there was only 1 way out of T spawn, which had a sniper position at CT for Ts heading to B
however this was also at the crossroads for the T's closest path to A and B, so they would struggle a lot more to get to A, being picked off constantly
so i added a second way out of T spawn for an easier route to A

this also gives a use for the old left over "pit" area that was originally going to be a spawn but got scrapped and left it, so it's a win-win
minimap
we've been making some good progress, once we finish up those outer gaps we'll start detailing it a bit more, playtesting it, etc
then we'll move on to all the other stuff we have to do

maybe i could put this to good use

The very basic layout of the map is pretty much set for now, we're adding in details, background stuff, etc. pretty soon, though things may be subject to change once we begin playtesting.
While this design seems pretty set in motion, there may be big changes to it as we go on.
Here's some screenshots of newly developed parts of the map just for eye candy.

The main focus of my updates have been on the mapping de_monument for a bit now, so we're going to start shifting away from that as it comes closer and closer to being finished.

We probably need some sort of 24/7 hosting for the server, considering there's not really hosting services for BL and none of us really have the money to shill out to buy a vps. If you could let us use one we'd appreciate that a lot.

We also need people to help us test the gamemode now that it's starting to be fledged out with mechanics, if you would like to become a beta tester you can ask me anywhere, here, discord, steam, etc. just say you want in and you're in.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:09:58 AM by celau »