Author Topic: World Trade Center Recreation  (Read 4217 times)

Oh my loving god, another large ambiguous project I am doing. Jesus Christ, how long it would be before being abandoned like the MS Hercules.

Anyway, I got really bored and started to recreate the WTC, with more accurate detail and include stuff that not a lot of WTC recreations have. There is a mall below the complex, and make that fountain look like that one from Canard Tower built (Which I lost all of my old saves and have to make new ones) I got inspired from the recreation of the North Tower a long time ago. I wanted to do a lot of research just to be sure, that it's very accurate.

So, I started to outline it first and make sure it's close the original scale and make it look like irl. Probably make the interiors for some of them like WTC3 (Marriott World Trade Center), Windows of the World, The WTC Mall, WTC subway station (Maybe), and probably some other buildings like WTC7, but idk yet. I could do default or what not. (And no, you cannot loving make a 9/11 recreation without getting AA11, UA175, UA93, AA77.) I can probably release it for some purposes or some set for a 9/11 Machinima stuff.

I hope to god I don't abandon this.

someone already did tis

You should have posted it when you actually have something done.

someone already did tis

actually 2 ppl made it, brickzilla (2008) and queunard (wip atm)

You should have posted it when you actually have something done.

bet it wont be finished sadly, it requier months and dedication to make this

tip: post when you have a decent amount of progress so that as you burn out, people will show interest and it will sustain you a bit longer to attempt to finish the project

pre announcing projects has been the death of many projects

I think that's a curse of mine. I think I remember building MS Hercules barely done and that went well.

More of my problem is kind of size and scale at the moment

That's me alright.

EDIT:
someone already did tis
Blockzilla's has been quite lost and, the other is I think dead.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 01:51:45 PM by Daffytitanic »

actually 2 ppl made it, brickzilla (2008) and queunard (wip atm)

and me though it's not the entire plaza as it's only the north tower and 250k bricks

the tower exterior itself is the most accurate recreation tho.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:08:14 PM by Khaz »

brickzilla built from wtc 1 to 7, but yeah interior was limited by the 256k limit, and NO its not lost, because i have it

the other project is not dead, please how can you even say that!

the other is I think dead.

http://imgur.com/a/5SwUt

brickzilla built from wtc 1 to 7, but yeah interior was limited by the 256k limit, and NO its not lost, because i have it

the other project is not dead, please how can you even say that!

http://imgur.com/a/5SwUt
Maybe, I didn't see much progress and assumed. And the other, I assumed that too. Probably because I see some saves and addons disappear forever on links. So, I made a lot of assumptions.

And the build is amazing so far. So, forget.

EDIT: didn't realized I saw the north tower already.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 05:00:37 PM by Daffytitanic »

Ok, here is a better image with some work.

Had some troubles with the domes on the North Tower entrance roof. But, I wanted to get WTC6, the layout and then the Twin Towers would get some work done.

oh god hes doing a interior

Here is an update after an hiatus.

Right now I am trying to scale the WTC facade at the North Tower facing the streets. I started to look for close up images of the glass domes and they were not good and I couldn't scale much of them properly so, I decided just to do the Twin Towers instead.