For Honor Megathread - Free Weekend/Sale Aug 10th-13th

Author Topic: For Honor Megathread - Free Weekend/Sale Aug 10th-13th  (Read 1619 times)

DESCRIPTION

"Do you know what kind of creature waits for its own slaughter? Sheep. The Knights of the Iron Legion were once unconquerable. No longer. They now bend the knee to lords and ladies who have forsaken the wisdom of war. The Samurai of the Dawn Empire are fearless, disciplined warriors. Yet their emperor dishonors them with his laws and decrees for peace. Most heartbreaking, perhaps, are the Warborn, the Vikings. These ferocious clans have set aside their axes for their feeble family. This will be an age of wolves. Through me, the wolves among them will rise again. I am war."
- Apollyon

. . .

For Honor is a competitive third-person melee fighting game mixing speed, strategy, and team play with visceral close range combat in multiplayer action. Experience the chaos, fury, and brutality of battle where you and your friends cut a bloody trail of carnage as brutal Vikings, deadly Knights, and cold-blooded Samurai.

The innovative Art of Battle system lets you feel the power of every strike, the strength of every impact, and the weight of the weapon in your hand. It is meant to deliver a feeling of really dueling without the sacrifice of accessibility and simplicity. The system was built using motion capture by real martial artists and professional stuntmen to give the battles realism not otherwise possible. Players can easily switch between three different stances in order to block an attack or strike an enemy. Watching the enemy closely to see which stance they switch to is key to defense and offense. This give the players a chance to plan their next move and ideally the next few as well. Players can also shift stances mid-swing and feint, in an attempt to trick opponents into shifting their guard.

There are three playable factions in For Honor and each one presents the story from their own point-of-view. Play through each one for a completely unique experience. The For Honor Story Campaign mode can be played solo or in 2 player co-op. Players will be thrust into the war raging with the other two factions. There is also a competitive multiplayer online mode that pits players against each other.

HEROES

The playable warriors of For Honor are battle-hardened elite soldiers. Each play specialized roles in their respective factions and all are highly skilled, deadly foes.
Mastering each heroes’ unique fighting styles is highly rewarding and will grant you a significant edge when facing your opponents in For Honor’s novel game modes. Learn the movesets of your favorite heroes to dominate the battlefield

POST-RELEASE HEROES

For Honor cycles in Seasons, each lasting for 10 weeks. At the end of each Season, a winner of the faction war is established, and two new heroes are announced as well as new maps, gear, and any other new gameplay/content. The second season introduced the Centurion and the Shinobi, while the third season will be introducing the Highlander and the Gladiator.

MEDIA

PLAYERS

RedGaijin - PSN: IllestNgaAlive

OTHER LINKS

There's probably going to be a stuffton of comments about "dead game" and stuff like that, but i loving love the stuff out of this game. I've never put as many hours in a short period as I have with this game. I played it in the open beta and bought it right upon release. I've played through the absolute stuff show that was release and other mistakes the Ubi devs have made. However its still fun af. A LOT of the issues upon release are fixed. To name a few: Microtransactions (never really existed, purely cosmetic) are pointless now and gaining ingame currency is dumb easy and quick. Connection problems are VERY minimal, and best of all, the devs are working towards a dedicated server system to be released start of winter. General stability of the game overall is also eons better. Imbalance of characters is still noticeable, but not to an extreme. Unless you're looking into e-sports, its not a huge deal.

TL;DR if you still have this game, reinstall and play tf out of it again. The new heroes are fun af (forget cent) and theres a LOT of gameplay changes since release. If you're new, take advantage of the free weekend. I understand people wouldn't want to pay $60 for this, but I'm assuming the sale will put it at $30-$40, and its def worth that price.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:50:37 PM by RedGajin »

one of my favorite games despite centurion existing

new heroes revealed, they look dope af:

Gladiator
Highlander

the gladiator will be an assassin class while the highlander functions as some sort of vangaurd hybrid. he will also be the first hero to have two stances, defensive and offensive. they both have very large movesets