Google fires James Damore for memo on echochamber

Author Topic: Google fires James Damore for memo on echochamber  (Read 23670 times)

Are you an engineer? Because he is, and so am I. Having an echo chamber is EXTREMELY bad, because not only is there a ton of lost potential creativity but stuff can just straight up fail on you and people can die (that's more on the side of civil/mechanical engineering but the point still stands).

This idea that you should never disagree with the group ever is loving cancerous and I'm glad this guy is calling Google out on it considering that they're supposed to be the impartial people and not take sides. Yeah you should work together in a civil manner but if you all just start parroting the same stuff without considering other opinions stuff's going to hit the fan real fast.
There's not a problem with disagreement. There is a problem when you glue together an essentially baseless pdf file as a political statement with the intention to stir up dissent in a company by emailing it to everybody in it. The (hopefully) unintended side effect of this ridiculous stunt is that it can very easily be viewed as an attack on employees who do not fit his rigid and almost entirely inaccurate definition of what an engineer shouldn't be ("emotional," "people-oriented"). And for clarification, I'm currently slanted to become a software engineer, though I'm thinking of bailing on that before the tech bubble bursts.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 12:20:11 AM by Karl Marx »

Kimon acts autistic episode 1582

ITT Kimon yet again has no clue what he's talking about

was that ever not true though

Kimon acts autistic episode 1582
Don't steal my joke you Bill Clinton looking ass motherforgeter
was that ever not true though
Do you guys stick together because you know that without constantly validating each other you would be forced to actually confront dissenting opinions? Is this a symbiotic relationship I'm witnessing?

No you just post such stupid stuff that you cause everyone around you to collectively facepalm.

No you just post such stupid stuff that you cause everyone around you to collectively facepalm.
Well surely if it was so stupid you'd be able to find a valid counter-point. Or have you stroked each other's egos to the point where you think you are above such affairs?

Kimon I don't need to find a valid counterpoint when your point wasn't valid in the first place.

Well surely if it was so stupid you'd be able to find a valid counter-point. Or have you stroked each other's egos to the point where you think you are above such affairs?
Or maybe you're just so insufferably stupid that trying to prove your already false views wrong would just be a wasted effort, considering how much of a flamboyant loving handicap you are

Get a life and stop posting already

Do you guys stick together because you know that without constantly validating each other you would be forced to actually confront dissenting opinions? Is this a symbiotic relationship I'm witnessing?

the only thing we have in common is that we both notice how handicapped you are

Or maybe you're just so insufferably stupid that trying to prove your already false views wrong would just be a wasted effort, considering how much of a flamboyant loving handicap you are

Best post of your forum career by far

Kimon I don't need to find a valid counterpoint when your point wasn't valid in the first place.
"Trust me guys, I have a really good argument. I'm just not going to present it because I don't need to. Don't ask me about it."
Why involve yourself in a discussion if you have no intent to bring something to it?

Maybe if you bluff hard enough people really will start to think that you're able the articulate a competent counter-argument.

Kimon, do you have a scat special interest? Just asking because you seem to be speaking alot of stuff everywhere.

Maybe if you bluff hard enough people really will start to think that you're able the articulate a competent counter-argument.
Your entire loving life is a bluff

The best way to prove to all of your internet friends that you're smart is to publicly refuse to prove that you're smart.
Your entire loving life is a bluff
What in tarnation