stuff you hate in video games

Author Topic: stuff you hate in video games  (Read 11554 times)

how john cena kicks out at 2, even in the games.
had this problem with roman reigns, even after changing his overall to 19 he kicked out of 3 coast to coasts and only went for the 3 count during a dirty pin

i hate games where you spend 20 minutes pressing f at the ground and occasionally dumping stuff when you get too heavy just to be instakilled from people you can't see
w-what game is this, that sounds so specific

As best as I've been able to tell, you only get tips like that from other people who know them, and that's only after you become friends with that person too. So ultimately, it's the same issue: I don't want to put the effort into learning 30 different character's particular tastes, especially when there isn't a tracker or a chart to help me do it.
lol your bad at video games

w-what game is this, that sounds so specific
sounds like arma to me

my hunch is pubg, but that "too heavy" part is making me think i'm wrong.

lol your bad at video games
im gonna kick ur ass after school

racing games where you're an undercover cop
see: the crew, need for speed undercover
But you aren't a cop in the crew, you're just working with them so you can kill the guy who killed your brother

i hate it when the video game is playerunknown's battlegrounds

when stuff in fpses are instakill and easy to pull off like instakilling a player with a headshot when they have a comically large head or move slow. environment kills in overwatch are loving satanic and anyone who disagrees will be loving pharah push bombed off of a cliff so they can learn the meaning of suffering

when you split weapons/gimmicks that would work well with one class into about 50 different classes (looking at you paladins/overwatch) because characters are forced to play only one gimmick which gets boring fast for example roadhog and his checklist approach to killing people and mccree with the similar checklist approach. just makes classes boring to play because you're stuck doing one thing for the rest of time

when the game doesn't have bullet tracers or directional hit detection or whatever you call that circular red bullstuff which makes it nearly impossible to tell who is shooting you

when the game is broken up by insane downtime like spamming f while looking at the floor and occasionally stopping to drop stuff

when the game has different damage values depending on which body part you hit which effectively adds rng to every weapon since the human body is small which means more often than not the luckiest player wins instead of the one with the most skill

yes i'm still pissed about battlegrounds

when the game has no fast movement options so if you get killed you're forced to wait out the respawn time and walk all the way back to where ever you're needed

when the game has a sniper in wide open maps. it's difficult or in most cases near impossible to kill said sniper if you don't have a sniper yourself because if it's a team based game like overwatch/tf2 you can't just flank them because you'll be spotted by the rest of the enemy team instantly. most games give the sniper high damage which is a double whammy of badness because you'll be instakilled by the sniper and there's nothing you can do about it except join the dark side and go counter sniper or hope one of your teammates does the same. forget going counter sniper because playing sniper is more boring than playing the class i want to play
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 07:49:41 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

battlefield 4 snipers are forgetin awful for that last reason. huge maps, and unless you're also playing sniper you're just literally unable to shoot back at them.

alright i'm gonna be real loving specific here because i had to just deal with what i believe is the most bullstuff level i've played in any game ever

not a hero has this level. it's about halfway through the game and is one of the worst loving things i've ever played.

to settle you in for how bullstuff this is, let me say some important things about this game:
- being too close to enemies results in you getting punched
- certain characters use more 'shots' because of how their weapon works
- sliding and tackling is possible to do, along with executions.
- entering a room or floor with enemies will cause them to instantly turn to you and walk/run towards you

you got that? alright.

not a hero has every level include 3 challenges in order to get 'global megalord' for the level, which is the only way to get the best ending in the game.
these are this level's challenges:

they seem fine. not too hard from the looks of it, and seems fine.
well hold the PHONE forgeto because i need to tell you some things about the level design in this level

first, this is the character you play as.

you can pick a wide range of characters but this is the only one you can play as on this level without having a loving heart attack
his slide tackles are fast, his movement his fast, and his shotgun instantly kills anyone he shoots, also dealing knockback.
no one else has this and it is ESSENTIAL to completing this level.

now then.

enemies will instantly punch you upon being close to them. naturally, you'd fire away at them until they die.
however this is not the case, and i will go onto this later.
if you use too much of your shots, you'll fail the second challenge, and thus be unable to get global megalord.
keep this fact in mind as i go on.

okay, so let's get to one prime strategy of this level: slide tackling.
you can slide tackle into enemies and knock them down, causing them to be immobile and unable to shoot at you.
this is fine, except sometimes slide tackling is complete bullstuff when it comes to its hit detection.

look at these two gentlemen. you can slide into the first, then slide into the second. simple enough.
however, then you have these forgetos standing right next to eachother on the second floor:

hit detection for close enemies is a mystery. if they aren't close enough, you'll hit the first guy and then the second guy punches you, causing to fail the 'don't get punched!' challenge. or, it'll hit both. i don't know how it loving works but it most of the time doesn't, which is horrid because it means you have to waste ammo shooting them instead of just slide tackling them, making this a lot better to deal with

and then you have this loving richardhead:

if you slide at him, he jumps over you. and if you slide wrong, he can basically punch you instantly and end the don't get punched challenge immediately. wow. fair.

but that's the least of your worries.

a couple miles later, you run into this starfish:

running into him causes him to push you back. which seems fine, however, there is another guy nearby on the same floor:

entering this floor will cause both sides to pick up attention, and if you misfire and walk into him, and he pushes you, expect your ass to be pushed again, directly into the right guy, which causes you to get punched, and you fail the challenge and likely die in the progress. it's utter bullstuff if you don't time it right and i have no idea why it's like this.

by the way, this guy guards whatever item you need to pick up for the third challenge.

the third challenge is the easiest challenge in the loving level.

later, you encounter this room:

and here comes a MAJOR issue with this game -- randomly spawning enemies in certain rooms.
when you enter this room, 2 enemies, from BOTH SIDES, left and right, try to kill you. two on the top floor that go down the stairs, two behind you on the floor you're currently on.

if you stand too close to the stairs, you get punched. if you don't slide tackle properly, you get punched. if you don't shoot your gun right or use the right item quickly enough, you get loving punched. it is utterly loving ridiculous to get past this if you don't know what you're doing.

and now, onto my 2nd least favorite part of this level

this loving stairwell.
it seems harmless enough -- just go down the stairs and fight whatever's down there. not as simple as it looks.

at the very bottom, there is this guy and another enemy. they roam this area at complete random.
if they face the stairs and are nearby or are directly in front of the stairs, you are forgeted. you cannot go up stairs while you are walking down them, and you will never predict where they are. if they are too loving close and you exit those stairs, you get punched, and have to restart the level.

it is completely random. sometimes they aren't, sometimes they are. and if they are, you have to restart the entire level again because your loving challenge got broken.
it's just like the first room of the level -- enemy spawn locations change for no loving reason and cause you to have to suddenly change your way of movement because one guy moved right next to the other guy for no loving reason, then a couple restarts later he's back at the same area.

it's not procedurally generated. these are the exact same locations in the level.

and then we have this segment.

not only do 2 guys exit the van after a couple seconds, while you are constantly under fire from the van, this beast takes up to 40 something loving shots.

do you remember this challenge?

yeah. so if you shot too many loving guys in the last level and have around 40, expect to restart the level. because this loving thing drains away all the loving shots you have. which is UTTER bullstuff, including the punching challenge.

with restricted ammo, basically requiring you to only kill prime targets or targets you can't slide into, horrible punch detection, bullstuff spawning, a requirement of using an unlockable character, reliance on a mechanic that has mysterious hit detection, and a forgetton of other things i find wrong with the level itself that i have not even gone into detail with, this is an utter piece of stuff.

keep this in mind -- this is the ONLY level that is like this. i've beaten the game on PS4 -- and it has NEVER had a level that was this bullstuff with challenges and design.

and if you search this level, there are even a couple results on people ranting about how bad it is.

it took me over 50+ retries and like 20-30 minutes of playing this level to beat it.

i really can't describe this any more without having you actually play it.

forget this level.

also i hate when there's a 20 second loop. it doesn't even matter if the loop is good if i hear the entire song by the time i kill 1 guy it might as well just be ambient noise and not an actual song

time limits
long unskippable cutscenes before sequences which are easy to mess up on (cough LA Noire)

Too much story/cutscenes
Pointless notifications
Hard challenges with virtually no reward
Too many jokes