Author Topic: should i buy playerunknowns battlegrounds  (Read 4169 times)

most battles are determined on who shoots first, the other person will have no clue where the forget the other person is and will die.

most battles are determined on who shoots first, the other person will have no clue where the forget the other person is and will die.
i mean, if you're bad and suck at positioning, yeah.

not exactly what I meant. I want to clarify by saying a lot of streamers are playing this game and the company who made pubg is getting a lot of money through free advertising. it's a trend everyone wants to jump on, including me. however I want to stay away from it because I should know better.
know better for what? what signs has this game shown that it's a risky purchase?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 12:14:37 PM by Dreams_Of_Cheese »

if you're stuff at the game sure

if you're stuff at the game sure
i mean, if you're bad and suck at positioning, yeah.
well sorry for not being able to see a few black pixels in the distance and getting killed because of it

well sorry for not being able to see a few black pixels in the distance and getting killed because of it
Oh so this situation only happens at long ranges?
Find cover.

Oh so this situation only happens at long ranges?
Find cover.
well if it happens in close ranges the gunfights are fine
when you've found cover while being shot from long range, then what? the person will either back up so you cant see him or continue to be a minor collection of pixels so your only option is to run or wait, both of which are dumb

know better for what? what signs has this game shown that it's a risky purchase?

Awful optimization, I have a gtx 1050 ti and i5 4460 and I get about 30 - 40 frames. Devs keep updating the game but dont fix any of the stuttering and frame drop issues and instead work on other things. They also decided to hold a giant esports tournament instead of finishing the game and bringing it out of early access for some reason.

Awful optimization, I have a gtx 1050 ti and i5 4460 and I get about 30 - 40 frames. Devs keep updating the game but dont fix any of the stuttering and frame drop issues and instead work on other things. They also decided to hold a giant esports tournament instead of finishing the game and bringing it out of early access for some reason.

Thing is, a 1050 is not much better than a 660, and a 660 is shown to be the minimum specs, so of course you're going to get framedrops.

The only loving thing that's bad is you're forced to run the game on low settings because if tall grass is rendered in high settings, people with low settings won't see the thick brush.

Buy it if you have friends to play it with. Solo is alright but I can't imagine it stays fun if that's all you have.

Thing is, a 1050 is not much better than a 660, and a 660 is shown to be the minimum specs, so of course you're going to get framedrops.

I don't get what you're trying to tell me. I had a gtx 750 before I upgraded to a 1050 and the difference was very noticeable. I doubt a 660 would even be able to run pubg to be honest due to the performance I get on the 1050.

I don't get what you're trying to tell me. I had a gtx 750 before I upgraded to a 1050 and the difference was very noticeable. I doubt a 660 would even be able to run pubg to be honest due to the performance I get on the 1050.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nste8vTthuI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nste8vTthuI

This is exactly what I'm talking about, the game is awfully optimized and can barley run at all on a decent set up. I should be able to play it on medium or high settings but instead I have the performance of the guys rig in the video.

literally get good. i dunno what else to tell you besides to pay more attention.

I'll give the performance issues, this game is definitely rough around the edges in that respect. I get pretty crap fps, even on low settings. I have my doubts that the people who make the 3D models and weapons are the same people who do optimizations in this game's dev team, but if they are then that'd be a mismanagement of resources. Then again, it is an early access game and a pretty common strategy in game development is to add everything you want to add, and then make it all run well together.

I also don't see how having ESL run a tournament for their game is taking away from development. The devs aren't running it. It's got basically no impact on how the game's going to be finished except that it might maybe convince some more people to buy the game, which could really only help the devs by funding them.