Author Topic: micro rant: verizon is really stupid with their "unlimited" plan  (Read 1191 times)

im just going to rant about this since this actually affects me and its pretty stupid. my uncle, who is a verizon employee, told me about it and is pretty pissed as well.
so, im on verizon's new unlimited plan, and they've decided to pretty much butcher it up. not only is it more expensive, but now regardless of how much you pay, all smartphone video is throttled to 720p. this is bullcrap, especially when the unlimited plan costs all this money, and it just goes to show that net neutrality should always exist.
source: http://bgr.com/2017/08/22/verizon-unlimited-data-throttle-vs-t-mobile-2017/
/discuss

Solution: go to sprints unlimited plan. Had it for years, been great.

no guarantee sprint wont jump on the pricing train

plus switching services tends to be expensive if you're not done with your phone plan

oh hey i forgot sprint still exists

Looks like you got hooked by verizon!

buy walmart phones
Ya get straight talk I have it and it's like $48 a month for 8gbs of LTE and unlimited talk n text and technically data

i like sprint's unlimited plan but it sucks ass when it comes to signal. i can barely get a loving bar in my own school and a lot of areas end up in me having 1-2 bars which means i can't use any data or it's such a slow speed that it's useless

no guarantee sprint wont jump on the pricing train

plus switching services tends to be expensive if you're not done with your phone plan
this is very true but sprint's been great for me thus far. just sharing my experience

i have it, costly as forget. though i use youtube red mostly and it cuts out video for audio only to load easier. i dont Netflix when mobile.

but switching to a different carrier is not an option. ill happily pay more for perfect coverage at all costs. i was the only one in our festival group that could call/txt/data in middle of desert around 50k other phones without issue.  and i dont need dead spots in the city when a large truck drives by the car like my at&t and tmobile friends. forget that.

um i'm sorry "micro rant" is copyrighted

see you in court