Hurricane Harvey Discussion Thread

Author Topic: Hurricane Harvey Discussion Thread  (Read 5548 times)

Yeah this looks really bad. what's crazy is people are still driving in it on TV. Get to shelter you buffoons.

It's crazy that people only had a few days of semi serious warnings to get ready for this.

A Texas mayor told people who stayed to write their names and social security numbers on their arms in order to be identified. Well that's sketchy af...

http://thehill.com/homenews/348030-texas-mayor-tells-those-not-evacuating-to-write-names-social-security-numbers-on

large fishing boats have been forced inland, with significant damage along the waterfront and shipping channel in port arkansas
edit: uh, part of a high school has just collapsed holy hell
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 11:10:06 PM by Mr Queeba »

lol thats what you get friends *dabs*

https://twitter.com/TheRealBlueShed
follow the twitter of the indestructible blue shed that is currently surviving the storm (as seen in jeff's livestream)

welcome to the texas coast population 0
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 02:10:42 AM by Rockinboy2000 »

Why can't the Texans use their guns to shoot into the hurricane and kill steve Harvey so then it would end, even if it's quite difficult to shoot into the eye of the hurricane where Harvey awaits us.

I work for a company that provides banking solutions to credit unions, and unfortunately we've got about a dozen clients down in that area of Texas. I'm on call for technical support this weekend, so if there are any power or network outages to their servers I am expected to jump into action and ensure a successful failover to their disaster recovery systems. It's frustrating because I have to practically sleep with one eye open; if my phone rings at any time day or night I need to answer it and be at a computer with remote access to my work within 15 minutes. Normally it's not a big deal because the chances of something happening are so low, but with Harvey bitch slapping that area, I'd probably have to provide hours of support while any affected clients got all their services operational on their backup systems. Instead of getting any real work done today I had to cancel all my meetings and make sure that every client that could potentially be affected is fully prepared for the worst case scenario.