Author Topic: DDoS attacks on different servers?  (Read 14773 times)

ANT's Server got to the 2nd position on the server list when zax1234 (35466) joined and it lagged out immediately upon his connection
I know zax1234 ingame well enough to say that he has nothing to do with this

WHat i just dont understand is why didnt anyone make an addon to "fix" this yet.

I know zax1234 ingame well enough to say that he has nothing to do with this
bad timing then, my bad.

WHat i just dont understand is why didnt anyone make an addon to "fix" this yet.

good idea, you should ask someone to do it in the suggestions and requests board...

An add on to fix what please do you know how it work?

Well my internet died for good I guess I will play offline for now

An add on to fix what please do you know how it work?
Any sane person who plays blockland does.

I suppose you are one of theses sane person,
May you explain to us what is your idea to 'fix' this?

Look, what im just suggesting is a temporary solution.

Kinda put a connection delay to anyone wanting to connect to server again.

Like, if a player just disconnected from a server 3 sec ago and wanted to join to the same server again: Refuse his connection and warn him to wait.. 1 min to connect again.

nobody is actually connecting to the blockland server. it's a direct connection to the ip address

you should learn how ddos work my friend, then come back
when a ddos happens it just kill your network, there is nothing you can do, nothing
your provider has to backlist/ban ips, or you have to get a new ip

Like, if a player just disconnected from a server 3 sec ago and wanted to join to the same server again: Refuse his connection and warn him to wait.. 1 min to connect again.

a ddos has nothing to do with a blockland server

I'm afraid it isn't that simple, as this connection may not even be a Blockland user, just an IP sending random data.

Someone made mitterdoo make a connect-spam ban addon named Server_ConnectSpamBan, but it uses AutoAdminCheck for its purposes which I'm guessing requires the user to fully connect first.

The DaProgs RTB archive seems to be down so download said addon here if you want to investigate.

Crap, I've been ninja'd, but I'll leave this here.

I'm using a anti connection spam addon too, definitely not going to protect against the couple of ddosses I've had

During the new years/christmas DDOS strikes a few years back, some people managed to setup DDOS bunker servers that had a weird way of being connected to and didnt seem to get attacked, was this just luck or is there a way to setup a bunker? If so, please tell me how.

that was when the forums and the master server got ddossed. right now it's someone ddossing people's home internet connection. which is is not only terrible but something only a stuffhead would do. it's basically the difference between someone smashing a pothole into your street and a pothole in your own driveway