Any BLFers like Metal?

Author Topic: Any BLFers like Metal?  (Read 7465 times)

Buckethead
Buckethead is pretty sweet. I know he did an album with Les Claypool and Bernie Worrell and it sounds insane

I used to listen to nothing but metal in highschool, and at some point in highschool it kinda reached that critical level of angst where my playlists were just full of hundreds of generic metalcore songs that all just kinda blended into each other.

After highschool I dropped music entirely, but I'm slowly building back my taste in music, mostly obscure indie trash, but some of it involves ridiculously disgusting down-tempo death metal garbage like Black Tongue/A Memoria Brooded/xKINGx, just purely for that loving gnarly "Grrrr I'm really angry woo!!!" aesthetic, even though it's not exactly musically competent. It's weirdly fun to get your ass kicked at those concerts.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 02:32:36 PM by Rally »

I listen to a lot of music, but predominantly metal.

My favorite bands are Chelsea Grin, Avatar, and Disfiguring the Goddess.

i liked Sybreed a few years ago

Sabaton, powerwolf, alestorm and the doom 4 ost's are the stuff

Infant annihilor is radical too
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 04:08:04 PM by espio100 »

NIGHT WILL COME, AND I WILL FOLLOW
FOR MY VICTIMS NO TOMORROW
MAKE IT FAST, YOUR TIME OF SORROW
ON THIS TRAIL, I'LL MAKE YOU FOLLOW

Only metal songs I have found amusing were from Jack Black movies. Don't tend to like the genre much but there are some forgotten songs I liked to hear for a bit.
it's the piiick of destiny

ik me and pecon7 listen to nightwish which is symphonic metal

I listen to a bit of it sometimes, depends on what kind of metal though because Im not a huge fan of the really deep / edgy metal.

i liked Sybreed a few years ago

Sybreed still good af my nibba. Antares and The Pulse of Awakening are tight as forget. Antares tickles the forget out of my complex rhythm hard-on.

Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Sodom, Artillery

Infant annihilor is radical too
Slowly working through the suggestions in this thread and holy stuff was Infant Annihilator awful. Most of these bands ranged from 'okay' to 'pretty good' but Infant Annihilator was literally painful to listen to. It's a bit impressive how much vocal range the singers have (if it's not digitally modified) but god damn the music had way too much base and was tuned way too low. It would've also benefited from being faster and maybe not having such weirdly graphic lyrics that come off as a middle-school edgy teen trying to piss of their parents.

If anyone's wondering what I mean:

'Fondling the foreskin, circumcised to taste the pure flesh of their genitals.
Slaves born into a world of mindless manipulated minions thirsty for a fresh newborn star fish."

The edge is so bad it's causing me physical pain. Not all death metal is this terrible. I love Amon Amarth which is really heavy--although they actually put effort into their lyrics.

"Once a slave, but now I'm free--my honor is restored.
Once again, I'll ride the seas, free at last from whip and oar!"

metal is my favorate sonic the hodgeheg chared actor

For real, metal is alright, but I'm not a fan of how a lot of metal music seems to just be some guy going apestuff on a guitar while screaming. That said, the only 'metal' I've heard is Metallica, which I liked, but it's the only nameable point of reference I got.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 05:58:52 PM by cooolguy32 »

Metal is a deep genre, I don't know too much of the recent stuff, but I like to climb down the metal tree and look at the roots.
I went to their concert recently, they're old men, but they're still riding the thunder; here's Uncommon Man by Deep Purple.

Some art covers:

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:02:06 PM by Riot »