category 5 storm ''Irma'' (GLOBAL hurricanes??)

Author Topic: category 5 storm ''Irma'' (GLOBAL hurricanes??)  (Read 18491 times)

okay so hello

i'm in the middle of the cone in broward waiting for the next advisory to come out from NOAA

ask me anything while i ponder how close i potentially am to death

have you considered evacuating

have you considered evacuating

impossible at this point. i would have personally liked to, but i didn't find out i'd be out of school till wednesday mid-day and my parents really didn't want to leave. a lot of people i know left — many ran to atlanta, but one guy ran to NY and another went to montreal to stay with family.

the issue with evacuation from an area is like this is that density has massively increased since andrew; florida added about 8 million people to its population in the 25 year span between 1992 and now, and about 2.1 million (estimated) are evacuating either under mandatory order or voluntarily. we're really scrounging for gas down here, and a lot of people i know that chose to evacuate now are stuck on i-75 or i-95 somewhere in the middle of the state in bumper to bumper traffic.

it's kind of a mess.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 09:09:27 PM by Comatose »

i'm in northern alabama and it doesn't seem like it's too likely that i'll suffer a direct hit but i'm worried for friends and family i got over in georgia and florida. i hope it pushes out to the sea by some miracle or at least loses steam quickly once it gets on land, but the projections aren't lookin great at this point

Comatose, you guys do anything about the window protection?

Comatose, you guys do anything about the window protection?

shutters on the windows that face the wind field. all the other windows are hurricane proof and wind-resistant. my concern is that most wind-resistant windows are (typically) only rated up to 145 mph, and based on current sustained wind speeds, i don't really know how they'll fair in practice. i'm just crossing my fingers.

haha its straight up the middle now gud fite

annexing florida was a mistake

florida wont even be on the map after this
and just imagine, all of the sinkholes that will appear after this storm, or during it even

why are people in florida in the first plce

Irma literally desintegrated Saint Martin and Saint Barthélemy islands at 90% from the lastest reports

Florida is so forgeted right now

impossible at this point. i would have personally liked to, but i didn't find out i'd be out of school till wednesday mid-day and my parents really didn't want to leave. a lot of people i know left — many ran to atlanta, but one guy ran to NY and another went to montreal to stay with family.

the issue with evacuation from an area is like this is that density has massively increased since andrew; florida added about 8 million people to its population in the 25 year span between 1992 and now, and about 2.1 million (estimated) are evacuating either under mandatory order or voluntarily. we're really scrounging for gas down here, and a lot of people i know that chose to evacuate now are stuck on i-75 or i-95 somewhere in the middle of the state in bumper to bumper traffic.

it's kind of a mess.

I hope you have a underground safe place to shelter because the 360km/h winds will probably ruin your house.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 12:42:36 AM by MrLoL² »