Poll

is this an improvement over the original drifting jeep? perfomance-wise?

yes
6 (37.5%)
no
0 (0%)
drifting jeep skrub!! ILL OUTRUN U IN A AE86
3 (18.8%)
cna powerslid?????
1 (6.3%)
does the jeep still slide as if it was on ice
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: drifting jeep (with actual oversteer and body roll)  (Read 3063 times)

uses the same model as the drifting jeep, its behaviour tends to vary a lot due to how some drive this jeep

what the title says, it actually does oversteer and drift (for more information, it handles like a RWD but it is AWD)
before you go downloading this for no absolute reason, this jeep doesnt have a STUPIDLY wide turning radius

it also has brakes that should be decent enough for slowing down to turn a corner, not for emergencies which requires far stronger brakes though
======link=========
https://leopard.hosting/dl/ntwjx

i dont need feedback but i would like to hear your experiences driving this, all credits go to Mr Noobler BLID 32916 for making this jeep drift
best used in very tight and narrow tracks with a lot of corners

does it roll over if you drift too hard

can you drift and then roll over and then roll over onto your wheels and drift again tho?

does it still feel like its on iceskates

this jeep doesnt have a STUPIDLY wide turning radius
Repeat after me: "Turning radius" is not measured at top speed.

That said...

I was about to rant and rave about this imagined slight against the type of handling I prefer.
The thing is, I go for big, heavy cars and long, wide roads. ...This is based on the default jeep. This is for exactly the opposite kind of environment. This is something you can use to drift around inside ACM City. And that is an accomplishment.

When I remember what I'm driving (and, honestly, the game I'm driving in), it's great. It's so good that I started questioning my own habits. This makes me want to design a small, nimble car that controls with this precision (or closer to it, anyway), or even... go back and do the thing I suggested I'd do a very long time ago, and provide easy-for-keyboards Blockland handling as an alternative for all my cars.

It's precise, but it doesn't feel like it's weightless. It rolls and slides like it has weight, but, again... you can drift inside ACM City. (with some practice)

My compliments to Mr Noobler, then.

JUST ONE THING, THOUGH.

it also has brakes that should be decent enough for slowing down to turn a corner, not for emergencies which requires far stronger brakes though

What kind of emergencies are you thinking of?? Or do you ACTUALLY consider the Jeep a baseline for decent brakes?

Unless...

Quick question: What button do you use for braking?

Quick question: What button do you use for braking?

spacebar

does it roll over if you drift too hard
no lol, it rolls a little in my experience
can you drift and then roll over and then roll over onto your wheels and drift again tho?
you can if you can roll over that is
does it still feel like its on iceskates
it shouldnt be, but it still depends on your treatment and driving style of the jeep
-snip-
it isnt yes i know, i measure turning radius by keeping the vehicle locked at the maximum steering angle of either left or right while accelerating

sounds like a good idea about designing a nimble car that performs as much as this jeep, but is drifting inside ACM city considered a bad point or a good point?

regarding the emergencies thing, im talking about a panic stop button when youre going to hit something and you dont want that to happen (and the object is VERY CLOSE, making a very powerful instant-stop brake necessary)

as for the baseline yes, i use the jeep's braking power as a baseline lol

my brake button? the delete key, im not kidding

spacebar
there is a small subset of people who hold S to brake, and I wanted to make sure, because I could not believe that the Juup's brake distance was too long for anyone.

my brake button? the delete key, im not kidding
I didn't even realize that was an option

regarding the emergencies thing, im talking about a panic stop button when youre going to hit something and you dont want that to happen (and the object is VERY CLOSE, making a very powerful instant-stop brake necessary)
ok your idea of what- OK

There's just a very clear divide between what you and I look for in a vehicle.

You want an emergency stop for the Blockland world which is --- --- ..........ok look I know blockland isn't anywhere NEAR reality
but
I want cars to feel heavy. kinda like they exist. and one of my basic requirements is that the brake doesn't stop you instantly.

my thought is that if you need brakes like THAT to not hit something, that's when you crash into it anyway and learn that you need to be driving more carefully to begin with if you want to not hit things.

Drifting inside ACM was actually a good point. That level of precision AND a sense of weight is very satisfying. I just would be reluctant to put it on anything other than the Jeep.