Author Topic: i made a dual render scope in the GUI editor  (Read 6151 times)

I don't think this will be particularly impressive to any of you, I don't know stuff about client-side code or GUIs so I don't know what hoops you'd need to jump through to find a practical use for this

In the GUI editor, I added a GameTSCtrl onto PlayGui, centered, with the dimensions 400x400, with an FOV around 20

Then, I put a GUIBitmapCtrl over it, centered, with the dimensions 700x600 (will probably depend on the bitmap, just needs to be large enough to cover the corners). This was the result

So uh yeah. Not sure how you would use this, but I found it interesting

No duel render:

With duel render:

Accomplished with this PNG:
https://leopard.hosting/dl/sahgy/optic3.png

I think this is definitely feasible, it would of course require a client mod, but could still function without. For instance, if the client did not have the mod, you would display the version on top using the old approach, and if they did, you could push the dialogue and hide the view model. I'd imagine you could also adjust the FOV of the GameTSCtrl dynamically, to allow for different magnifications. I don't really know anything about GUIs, but it's something for weapon makers to think about.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 10:50:48 AM by Rally »

holy stuff lets mod together

pretty loving good spongebob

I think the best course of action would be to make a single client mod that supports all dual render scopes. You could have a client side function and have a couple arguments for the scope overlay, the magnification, and the dimensions of the scope render. That way, you could add several generic overlays like this:

And then define the properties of the scope in the server code, and they would all use the same support add-on. That way, weapon creators would only need to refer to a single client add-on, that everyone could download and forget about, instead of advertising their client add-on to everyone who joins. This wouldn't give a lot of flexibility to mod creators though, as they would have to pick from a set of standard overlays.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 11:14:52 AM by Rally »

idk tho why not just press f....

incredibly cool concept but its an incredibly limited view so idk it seems like a bad idea if i actually want an advantage in a minigame

idk tho why not just press f....

incredibly cool concept but its an incredibly limited view so idk it seems like a bad idea if i actually want an advantage in a minigame

Because It Looks Cool Bro

Some weapons already force you to use the scoped-in mode, like G-Cat's weapons. Not being scoped in incurs comically ridiculous accuracy penalties. This wouldn't be very useful as a replacement for F, but rather a replacement for the current style of sniper scopes that usually just forget up the player's FOV

i guess its a good way to make really powerful snipers not be incredibly op, but then what would one do against those without the client mod...........

if anything it might be best used as like, a rear view mirror

This seems to make rear-view mirrors possible

Damn, Conan said it faster

Tbh if you can edit the GUI to turn it into a rear view mirror, you're smart enough to do it in the base game anyway. It's quite literally as simple as just hitting F10, adding a game window, and modifying a single value.

i guess its a good way to make really powerful snipers not be incredibly op, but then what would one do against those without the client mod...........

Probably just retain the default DWeapons functionality. You'd just center the viewmodel and zoom the player's FOV in. That would probably put people without the client mod as a disadvantage because they have a lower field of view though.

I made a rear view mirror mod years ago, and i think someone else did too, but it's a client-side GUI mod, so it could be used to cheat in DMs and such, so people didn't really like it

wow that's interesting.

the main issue with this is that your mouse speed would stay the same, so it would be extremely hard to aim this way. when you press f, your fov changes, thus making your mouse speed slower to accomodate, but with this dual render it won't do that

also yuck ads

It's a client mod so I get the feeling that mouse sensitivity could probably be modified in ADS