Author Topic: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season (182 dead) - Maria Cat 4, Barbuda Abandoned  (Read 10922 times)

Irma has made landfall as Cat 5 in the Keys.

"And for those in the Keys: "You're on your own until we can actually get in there, and it's safe for our teams to support local and state efforts," Long said. "The message has been clear -- the Keys are going to be impacted, there is no safe area within the Keys, and you put your life in your own hands by not evacuating.""

If you're still in the keys you're dead as forget.

Irma has made landfall as Cat 5 in the Keys.

no it hasnt you goober

it's hitting the keys but it's a category 3

it hasn't reached it's full potential yet

would anyone be interested in a live thread from broward

there's a lot going on here right now

would anyone be interested in a live thread from broward

there's a lot going on here right now
do it

I'm praying for my family that lives down in florida. I hope they stay safe.

Somebody on CNN just yelled "forget her right in the pusillanimous individual". The weatherman looked shook af

I'm praying for my family that lives down in florida. I hope they stay safe.

my family that lives in Florida is literally Comatose

Aw man, I hope they'll fare well, man.

man there's an old couple that i used to live across from that were damn nice and they're deciding to ride out the storm on their own. unfortunately they're likely gonna be damn close to the eye so now im pretty sad

my relatives down there had to evac or else thank god, meanwhile 2 friends of mine are presumably still down there, one directly in its path, dunno if ill sleep this well tonight, gonna see how long my friend directly in its path will be online before he gets knocked off

Irma has been downgraded to a Cat 3 now, still deadly but not as i guess
be safe anybody down there

There's a misconception here. Irma being downgraded to category 3 does not mean it is 'beginning to break up'. It's still very much an extremely powerful hurricane that could kill hundreds. It'll be a week before it actually starts breaking apart.

For comparison, Katrina also made landfall as a category 3. Doesn't mean it was 'breaking up'.